Keyword

K2 Quick Icons Hijacked Screen - help!

• Katherine Williams
  • Katherine Williams's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #150112 by Katherine Williams
K2 Quick Icons Hijacked Screen - help! was created by Katherine Williams
Ok, I've been having a problem for a while, of all my quick icons in K2 being squished together and overlapping on my control panel. And I spent most of the night trying to fix it. So at one point I think maybe the icons are meant to replace the regular Admin Menu icons, and be in the menu module location, rather that in the cpanel module location. So I decided to try it and see what it does, figuring I can fix it if I'm wrong. Big mistake.

Now, when I'm on any part of the admin area besides the Control Panel, there are Icons running down the left side of my screen (not against the left border, just vaguely on the left side) and they are taking over my entire screen so I can't click on anything. Which obviously means I can't go into the module manager and undo what I did to cause the problem.

I've linked to a screenshot, to see what I'm talking about. Note that my mouse is hovering over a module, and I'm not getting a hyperlink-hand. The page for the manager loads, but no matter what, I can't interact with anything on the page.

I'm seriously stuck now. Anyone have a suggestion? And I'm a GUI girl not a programmer, so if I need to dig into CSS or other files, please give specific instructions on how to do that. The most I do is mess with the HTML in a WYSIWYG editor to make it do what it's supposed to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 9 months ago #150123 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Quick Icons Hijacked Screen - help!
Hello,
Which version of K2 are you using?

SInce this is actually an administrator module a really quick fix would to simply deactivate or manage the menu items that is shown.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Katherine Williams
More
8 years 9 months ago #150130 by Katherine Williams
Replied by Katherine Williams on topic K2 Quick Icons Hijacked Screen - help!
I had already made sure that K2 was fully updated when I was trying to fix the original icons issue, so whatever is the most current version is what I'm on. I obviously can't look up what version I have now, since I can't interact with any screens in the admin area.

And since I can't interact with those screens, how would I go about disabling the menu item? As I said, every single screen except the main Control Panel screen is completely taken over by this new icons-hijack issue. I can't click on any radio buttons, save/continue buttons or hyperlinks on those pages. The moment I open any actually functional screen of the administrators area, those icons take over the entire screen and I am prevented from doing anything at all on that page. So while I can open the various management screens, that's as far as I can drill down into them. At this moment, I cannot do anything at all within my administration panel.

I guess I'll have to go into my Cpanel on GoDaddy and backup to a previous version of my Joomla installation? I had updated to a new version of Joomla earlier in the day, but I'd also added and configured a few other extensions that day, and I was trying to avoid undoing that work.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 9 months ago #150134 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Quick Icons Hijacked Screen - help!
You can manipulate the DOM with your browser's developer tools.
By selecting an element or click on Inspect element and hitting backspace, this element is temporarily removed form the DOM (your screen).

This will make your menu usable so you can navigate to the modules meun item and disable that module.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Katherine Williams
More
8 years 9 months ago #150144 by Katherine Williams
Replied by Katherine Williams on topic K2 Quick Icons Hijacked Screen - help!
Any chance you could send me instructions on how to do that, or direct me to a link online for learning how to manipulate the DOM? I'm a front-end user only, I don't mess with the databases or the code unless I absolutely have to, and only if I have good instructions. It took me two days to clear out 30k spambot users because I couldn't find clear enough instructions for cleaning them out in my PHPmyAdmin, that didn't make me nervous I would screw something up.