Keyword

how to show individuals' posts in a team blog

• John Stegeman
  • John Stegeman's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #150475 by John Stegeman
how to show individuals' posts in a team blog was created by John Stegeman
Hello all,

I'm new to K2/Joomla, but I think I have a good understanding of how they work together. I'm creating a team blog on my site where a person can sign up for an account and ask to be added to a "user blogs" section. I have created a K2 category to hold the blog entries and configured a K2 user group where the users can be added and given permission to add posts to the category and edit their own posts. So far so good.

Now, on to how to display these blog entries. I'd like to be able to do these things:

1). Show the blog entries from all users, newest first. This is pretty easy - just add a menu item linked to the K2 category.
2). Show a "blogroll" - a list of the users who have posted to the blog (or alternatively, the users in the group even if they don't have any posts yet). A bonus would be to show "xxx posts" indicating how many blog posts they have. Clicking on the user would show a list of that user's blog posts newest first
3). Be able to provide a blogging user with a URL that he/she could share with people that, when clicked, would show the user's blog posts newest first - just like for #2, above, but without having to go through the blogroll first.

I have a handle on #1 - could anyone either point me to something I may have missed in the documentation or point me in the right direction for #2 and #3? I've looked in the forum and done some Googling, but haven't found anything pertinent yet.

Thanks for helping,

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #150482 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic how to show individuals' posts in a team blog
Hello John,

1) Exactly, the category view will display all items in a given category or categories regardless of their users.
2) There is both the K2 Tools module (authors) and the K2 Users module available to display that data.
3) The best solution would be to use a menu item (User Page - blog) for that as well.
Then each user will have dedicated URLs. You can use K2's advanced SEF, but the menu item solution is preferable if you only have a handful of users.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• John Stegeman
  • John Stegeman's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #150487 by John Stegeman
Replied by John Stegeman on topic how to show individuals' posts in a team blog
Thank you very much, Krikor - exactly what I was looking for.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #150496 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic how to show individuals' posts in a team blog
You 're welcome John

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)