Keyword

Smart Search K2 plugin preventing other plugin loads?

More
8 years 8 months ago #150784 by Lefteris
The errors you are getting now are not coming from K2. They are coming from plugins. You can either disable those plugins and try again or just set the error reporting to none in Joomla! global configuration.

The fact that the indexing through the Smart Search component never finishes indicates an issue with your server resources. Check your php settings for the memory_limit and max_execution_time directives. Note that even if those values are high you might still get issues depending on the amount of content on your site. This is something that K2 plugins cannot change, it has to do with the implementation of the core Smart Search component.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sean Carney
  • Sean Carney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #150792 by Sean Carney
Thank you for your reply. I will let me hosting company know what you said about the resources and get back to you.

Regarding the plugins; disabling them is not really an option. Do you think that the error messages are not actually important?

One of the error nessages is from Simple Image Gallery Pro from JoomlaWorks.

The other is from EasyBlog from StackIdeas.

Since I can't disable the plugins I guess I need to find out from both companies whether those errors are important or not

Sean
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Sean Carney.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.