Keyword

Associate Tag results page with an item menu

• Kogos Grain
  • Kogos Grain's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #150750 by Kogos Grain
Hello,

i'm using k2 tags to distinguish k2 items/articles. When a tag is clicked, the tag results page appears that has all items/articles related to this tag. The problem is that the tag result page link includes the link from the page i was currently viewing. Let me explain with an example:

I'm building an online magazine. I have tags named as "issue 1", "issue 2", .... , "issue 99", "issue 100". I also have 2 item/articles categories, "Lifestyle" and "Sports", with different styling per category blog page (i used k2 subtemplating for that).
When i read an article in "Sports" tagged under "issue 99" and click on the tag, i see all articles tagged under "issue 99", but the url is
"mywebsite.com/sports/itemlist/tag/issue 99".
If i am reading an article that belongs to "Lifestyle" category, the link is
"mywebsite.com/sports/itemlist/tag/issue 99".

However, what i want to do is relate the tag result page with a universal tag page, so that the link would be
"mywebsite.com/tags/issue 99"
or something similar.

Reason for doing that? I need to control which modules will show on tag results page... and it's easier to style.

To add to that, is there any way to display all articled tagged under "issue 99" when i'm viewing "issue 99" tag page, all articled tagged under issue 98 when i'm viewing "issue 98" tag page, all articled tagged under issue 97 when i'm viewing "issue 97" tag page ... etc????

Any ideas/comments are welcome.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #150762 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Associate Tag results page with an item menu
There are three ways to approach this.
a) Use K2's advanced SEF.
b) Create a K2 categories menu item and leave the category selection empty. All orphan tags and users are rendered through that menu item.
c) Use an SEO/SEF extension like sh404sef

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Kogos Grain
  • Kogos Grain's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #150765 by Kogos Grain
Replied by Kogos Grain on topic Associate Tag results page with an item menu
Appreciate the reply...

I did this by creating a K2 categories menu item and leave the category selection empty, as you suggested...

thanks for the quick reply.

What about my second question? Is there any way that i can display a module that shows the titles of items tagged under the same tag while i'm on that tag's page?
The way i'm doing this now is by using a com_k2 tag override that displays the titles first (no images or anything) and then the normal layout... but it would look a lot better if i could use a module to display that.

Thanks again in advance

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #150768 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Associate Tag results page with an item menu
I cannot think of a default module which does this.
You need either an enhanced clone of K2 content or a 3rd party module which can be found at the JED or the KED.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)