Keyword

Merge pdfs from all articles

• Florian
  • Florian's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #151907 by Florian
Merge pdfs from all articles was created by Florian
Hi.

I’m quite new to K2. At the moment I’m planning to build a collection for (group) games on a site about “youth work”. So on K2 I want to create the forms for the users. It contains inside/outside switch, category of the game (action, cooperation,…), size of the group, a description, a title and maybe attachments like images or material.
The user should create the games in the frontend of course and browse and filter a list of the games. So that they can search an action game for playing outside with more than 30 kids. So far I think there is no problem (for the search I’ll need a plugin – right?)

But: We also want to make the collection downloadable. With CMK2PDF I think I can create nice pdfs of the games (only problem are the attachments. If I only allow pdf and image files, are they included in the created pdf?) but the best would be a single download with the whole archive (maybe one chosen category). So all pdfs in a zip file and structured like the categories or merge the pdfs to one pdf, which is automatically up to date.

Do you have an idea how I can realize this feature? Then it would be absolutely perfect!

Thank you
Flo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #151915 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Merge pdfs from all articles
K2 has a search module (K2 Tools) so no extra search module is needed, unless you need to add filtering or advanced search functionality.

Unfortunately I do not know how to create pdf of K2 categories, have you asked the CMK2PDF devs about this?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Florian
  • Florian's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #151923 by Florian
Replied by Florian on topic Merge pdfs from all articles
Yes I want filtering with the extra fields wich I created ("inside/outside", Typ, ...) but I think I would find a module...

I found eBook Factory which provides the requested feature (with K2) in general. Does anyone have experiences with that component? The pdfs on the demo site are not that nice, but will be ok. Does it take the pdf from CMK2PDF or create its own?
Just to try it, for me it's quite expensive. (also I'm willing to pay for great work in principal. But that component doesn't look that professional to me...)

Greetings

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #151950 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Merge pdfs from all articles
Hello Florian, unfortunately I have not worked with that extension.
Have you contacted the devs about further info?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)