Keyword

K2 front-end editing options missing in Purity III template

• rustyDusty
  • rustyDusty's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #152237 by rustyDusty
I use Purity III template with K2 v2.6.9. When logged in "Add item to category" and "Edit item" button are not visible; in either category or article.

When I change template to js_wright the add and edit buttons are visible and function normally.

In Purity II they are missing. I posted this issue with Joomlart forum and they logged in as admin to fix the bug but couldn't find it.
www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/K2-front-end-editing-issue/

Maybe you can help. What line of code do I need to add to purity to fix this?
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by rustyDusty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #152283 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 front-end editing options missing in Purity III template
If when using another template the buttons show up, this is a template issue which should be addressed by the template's developer.

To be honest since they created the overrides and know the specifics of the template, they should be able to correct them.

If you have coding skills, you can compare the default templates and apply the default code in the PurityIII templates where needed (the buttons in this case).

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• rustyDusty
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #152337 by rustyDusty
Thank you. I will tell them that even though for the moment they have erroneously listed my problem as answered.
JoomlArt
In fact when I first went to them with this problem their response was:

"I spent my time to debug the problem on your site and besides that, I set your template to Joomla default but the edit button does not show on front-end of your site. This is not bug from our product maybe you don’t config to show it from the K2 component
In this case, you can contact K2 component and they will help you how to enable edit button from front-end of your site."

My reply was:

"Thank you. I appreciate the time you spent working on this. It’s strange that these edit buttons don’t show when the site is set to joomla default. I deleted them from my site so I can’t test this but my previous template before Purity III was js_wright and it shows up in that template just fine and works too. See attachment.
I don’t know what the problem could be. I’ll give up on it for now and just edit articles from the back-end."

Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by rustyDusty.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #152370 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 front-end editing options missing in Purity III template
This is the code that should exist in the category.php file
			<?php if(isset($this->item->editLink)): ?>
			<!-- Item edit link -->
			<span class="catItemEditLink">
				<a data-k2-modal="edit" href="<?php echo $this->item->editLink; ?>">
					<?php echo JText::_('K2_EDIT_ITEM'); ?>
				</a>
			</span>
			<?php endif; ?>

And this is the code for item.php
		<?php if(isset($this->item->editLink)): ?>
		<!-- Item edit link -->
		<span class="itemEditLink">
			<a data-k2-modal="edit" href="<?php echo $this->item->editLink; ?>"><?php echo JText::_('K2_EDIT_ITEM'); ?></a>
		</span>
		<?php endif; ?>

This code is for K2 2.7, Feel free to c/p my message so your issue will be resolved.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• rustyDusty
More
8 years 6 months ago #152412 by rustyDusty
Thank much man! You really went all out with the code.

After posting another reply at joomlart I decided to upgrade to joomla 3.5 then upgrade to k2 2.7 and the problem vanished!
I can see both edit and add item buttons just fine. What happened? (that's a rhetorical question.)

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #152432 by Krikor Boghossian
It is impossible to tell.
It could be related to the template, or the overrides. Without seeing the code before and after the update I really would not know what was the issue. Anyway problem solved now :)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• rustyDusty
More
7 years 6 months ago #160837 by rustyDusty
This is an addendum to this topic as I just recently ran into the same problem again after performing various updates.

It was not the updates. An hour ago today I changed the Global Configuration --> SEO settings to "yes" for Use URL Rewriting. Poof! Buttons gone.
Set it back to "No" and they returned.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #160846 by Krikor Boghossian
It could a caching issue. The SEO options will not affect K2, apart of course of the URLs

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---