Keyword

Categories and items not appearing in back-end

• Jax Fyre
  • Jax Fyre's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #153365 by Jax Fyre
Fresh install of K2 today, when starting my work with it i realized that Categories and Items are not appearing at all after creation within the back end of my site....
But they are on the front end.
I have not imported anything over from joomla - just working with k2 to assist in the creation of blogs and for other motorcyclists to potentially write entries for us. Thought everything was going fine so i proceeded to create, in this order, a k2 category, a k2 item, then a joomla menu item with the type of K2 category blog. All settings left at default except for the access level of the menu item which was set to 'registered' (we have closed registration and only shop/garage staff + me have accounts) - logged into the front end, navigated to the menu item and clicked it. My test article that was assigned to a test category are both all visible and fine from the front end - when i went into the back end to delete the jibberish that was the test article, i could not find it. It was not appearing despite not having touched the filtering options - i had a play around with the filtering options and still nothing - exactly the same with categories.

It may be useful to note that i do not have super user access - but rather access to the majority of permissions (except the ones that can nuke the website basically)

But yeah, any help that anyone can offer me will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for reading :)
Jack

FYI: I will only be able to view and reply to this thread quickly between the hours of 9am-6pm - i can't promise quick replies outside of that but will try :)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Jax Fyre. Reason: p.s about profile pic but fb did not carry it over like i thought... thankfully.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #153372 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Categories and items not appearing in back-end
Does the other user(s) with super admin access has the same issue ?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Jax Fyre
  • Jax Fyre's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #153374 by Jax Fyre
Replied by Jax Fyre on topic Categories and items not appearing in back-end
Awaiting a reply from him - he's down in the bunkers with the army or something according to my manager which means waiting until he's next on leave or has some spare time up top before i can get a reply off him.

Do you think it could be something to do with user permissions?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #153387 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Categories and items not appearing in back-end
It is possible.
It would not hurt to try to repair the database's tables.

If there was a spike in traffic, tables in use can lock. Since K2 is handling the content, the most frequently used tables are K2's tables.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)