Keyword

[SOLVED] K2 star rating gif

More
8 years 5 months ago #153498 by Chris
K2 star rating gif was created by Chris
Hi everyone,

I am just finishing a site and thought a nice touch would be to change the star rating images to something more themed to the website (little birds, if you care to know :D ).

I can't find anything about how to change the gif image. I've located it, downloaded it, changed the gif in Gimp, and uploaded it with the same filename (star.gif). It reverts to the old star. If I view the gif after uploading it, it looks the same as before.

Am I missing something very simple, please? The gif is a flat sheet in Gimp (one layer) and I edited that, but perhaps I should be starting it from scratch?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #153511 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic K2 star rating gif
Hi,
If you have replaced the image but still the old one is displayed it may be your browser cache. The star icon is loaded from css and specifically
at components/com_k2/css/k2.css file. Open the file and search for the /* --- Rating --- */ keyword. Below that comment you will find all the css styles coresponding to the rating display.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
8 years 5 months ago #153524 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic K2 star rating gif
Oh, thank you!

To clarify for anyone taking a peek here and looking for the same thing, in the CSS file it refers to "transparent_star.gif", and not "star.gif", which I had previously found and changed.

It works perfectly and is that little extra touch I was looking for.

Thank you so much!

Chris