Keyword

AddThis in Joomla articles and K2 categories

• Paul Uhl
  • Paul Uhl's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #154351 by Paul Uhl
We have a large site that contains both Joomla articles and a K2 install displaying it's own items within a K2 category. The AddThis plugin installed in Joomla displays across the entire site on both the Joomla articles and the K2 items. It works properly across all the Joomla articles—

HOWEVER, when you go to share a K2 item, the URL being shared isn't for the K2 'item' being shared. Instead, it displays (shares) a URL for a Joomla article outside of K2. As I understand it this occurs because K2 writes it's own URLs.

While I realize this isn't a K2 problem, but is instead an AddThis problem, I was wondering if anyone here has run across this issue and been able to identify a fix.

There doesn't appear to be a way to assign the Joomla AddThis plugin to display only on the Joomla Articles. I do see a field in K2>Categories>Parameters>Social>Social Button Code for entering social sharing code but it doesn't seem to override the Joomla AddThis plugin.

Thank you in advance!
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Paul Uhl. Reason: more detail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #154367 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic AddThis in Joomla articles and K2 categories
Hello Paul,

I would personally add the code directly in my overrides.
This will ensure that the buttons appear where you want them to.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.