Keyword

Last major visual changes

• Will Bierre
  • Will Bierre's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #154356 by Will Bierre
Last major visual changes was created by Will Bierre
So I've been working really diligently for the past week, retooling my website from the ground up to reflect my new direction and all that... I started out using the Gantry framework, but since K2 listed template after template using the T3 framework, I made the switch to that. Little did I realize that there are almost no free K2 T3 templates... But I trudge on. I'm using the t3_bs3_bs template.... After fiddling with (not entirely happy with it, but whatever, I got it good enough) the K2 modules have white sections, which doesn't work with the site... So instead of re-inventing the wheel yet again, I'd like to know how to change just these parts that are white... the item toolbar, the author block and the comment form.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8k8tsyqa83wytkj/Screenshot%20from%202016-05-11%2022%3A10%3A12.png?dl=0

How can I go about resolving this please?

If someone could help me figure out how to change the light gray text that is everywhere, that's be bonus nachos too.

Thanks in advance.

Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #154363 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Last major visual changes
Hello, you need to address this issue to the t3_bs3_bs devs.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Will Bierre
More
8 years 4 months ago #154370 by Will Bierre
Replied by Will Bierre on topic Last major visual changes
I'm sorry, but I don't accept that... If I go into K2's paramters and turn off the "K2 default CSS" option there, the white blocks go away... it doesn't look right, the content is all fouled up. Based on that, it seems like a K2 sub-template issue to me. I was expecting more of a "go to this K2 css sub-template file and find line x" type of thing.... Can we try a little harder than just punting the problem elsewhere, please?

• Will Bierre
More
8 years 4 months ago #154373 by Will Bierre
Where can I edit these tags please?

div#k2Container.itemView.itemIsFeatured
div.itemToolbar
div.itemAuthorBlock
div.itemComments

And I checked with the documentation on the template, it doesn't have any native support for K2.

• Will Bierre
More
8 years 4 months ago #154374 by Will Bierre
I figured it out... it was the /components/com_k2/css/k2.css that held it all. I edited that and now I have blocks that match my site.

More
8 years 4 months ago #154389 by Tracey
Replied by Tracey on topic Last major visual changes
Hi Will,

You will want to go to your template developers website and look up how and where to add a custom css file. I switched from T3 to Gantry several years ago and have forgot where to create the file but the developer should have instructions on their website.

Editing the /components/com_k2/css/k2.css will work as you found out but you will loose all of your changes the next time you update K2. As a rule you should never edit core files in Joomla or any of its extensions. Instead you can create override files that will stay intact when updating.

Hope this helps

Joomla! v3.5.1
Gantry5 - Hydrogen Template
k2 v2.7.0

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #154394 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Last major visual changes

I'm sorry, but I don't accept that... If I go into K2's paramters and turn off the "K2 default CSS" option there, the white blocks go away... it doesn't look right, the content is all fouled up. Based on that, it seems like a K2 sub-template issue to me. I was expecting more of a "go to this K2 css sub-template file and find line x" type of thing.... Can we try a little harder than just punting the problem elsewhere, please?

You are using a 3rd party template which I do not know how it is structured or developed.

You send a screenshot like we are magicians and I can guess the styling.
Furthermore your reply is full of irony when I tell you we did not develop that template.

Please respect the members of this forum or you will be banned.

To make it crystal clear, if the template is not using the K2 default styling and templates WE DO NOT know how it was developed nor its structure.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)