Keyword

quick2cart problem with K2 item

More
8 years 3 months ago #155497 by Chris
quick2cart problem with K2 item was created by Chris
Good day,

I had to make the reluctant move from K2Store as I needed multivendor and multistore functionality for one of my sites. I went to Quick2Cart for
some of its easysocial integrations, but there's a problem with uploading the E-products on Quick2Cart. It skips to the top of the item add page (in both the front and back end) and throws up this error when I hit the Add e-product button:

Strict Standards: Declaration of K2Element::render() should be compatible with JFormField::render($layoutId, $data = Array) in /home/theim541/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2/elements/base.php

I found that Krikor addressed an error like this on this forum, stating that it wouldn't affect functionality in any way. However, Quick2Cart support has simply told me it's a K2 problem and to address it there.

I am using a template override for item.php, but I have tested it on the default k2 and it's the same problem.

If it helps, the code from the base.php which is identified in the error is:

(lines 10 to 30)
----
// no direct access
defined('_JEXEC') or die ;

if (K2_JVERSION == '15')
{
jimport('joomla.html.parameter.element');
class K2Element extends JElement
{
}

}
else
{
jimport('joomla.form.formfield');
class K2Element extends JFormField
{ <=== LINE 25 as identified in the error/notice message

function getInput()
{
return $this->fetchElement($this->name, $this->value, $this->element, $this->options);
}

----
I really hope someone can help. I'm not too chuffed that Q2C support just ducked out, but I hope someone on this end can help.

Many thanks,

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #155527 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic quick2cart problem with K2 item
Disable error reporting from the site's global configuration and the Strict standards message will be hidden.

If you don't disable error reporting core extensions might throw messages in rss/json feeds and it might affect some extensions.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #155528 by Krikor Boghossian
Disable error reporting from the site's global configuration and the Strict standards message will be hidden.

If you don't disable error reporting even core extensions might throw messages in rss/json feeds and it might affect some extensions.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 3 months ago #155625 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic quick2cart problem with K2 item
Hi,

thank you, actually, based on the advice you gave someone else on the forum, I did disable the error reporting.

I still can't figure out what's wrong with the component and joomla, though. I did notice that when it glitches, it's because the cart component tries to go to my domain with 'index.php' tacked on the end (I see it in my address bar). Perhaps it's not glitching against K2 at all, but is this actually more to do with my URL rewriting, which I have enabled in Global Configurations, and my htaccess.txt has been changed to .htaccess Shouldn't that be fine?

If you can help, I'd appreciate it, although I know this may have wandered away from the subject of K2.

Thanks

Chris

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #155646 by Krikor Boghossian
Deactivating error reporting is highly recommended so you don't mess any feeds.

If the wrong request is being made from the cart, then if you are using default SEF settings, the error is coming from the extension.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---