Keyword

Hide a category in Category list/Hide category list in item

• Site Wide Design
  • Site Wide Design's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #155620 by Site Wide Design
Hi all,

I am trying ot do two things here. Firstly, i am using a k2 category called system (ID 33) to store site based documents such as Privacy policy etc. I do not want this category to show up in the category list, but i have been through the k2 Tool module and cannot see where i can restrict what it shows?

Secondly, in this category i do not want the category list to be shown inside the item but cannot for the life of me find out where to prevent it from showing. Each item has a menu link in which i have set the k2 module to No, but it is still showing? I have seen links on the forum to similar issues which go to the getk2 site but when i click them i get access denied. So any suggestions would be very much welcome?

Thank you in advance

Donna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #155623 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Hide a category in Category list/Hide category list in item
Hello Dona,

Did you try to unpublish this K2 category ?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Site Wide Design
  • Site Wide Design's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #155639 by Site Wide Design
I did, but this gave me a 404 on the item?

I solved the issue withe regards to the category list however, (it was something stupid on my part). As i already had a couple of articles where I have the item showing without the sidebar in this category, i obviously copied an existing item and edited it to make sure it had the same settings. This still showed the sidebar however, but have clearing the cache a few times the sidebar (category list) no longer appears. So all in all not really a problem.

Thank you.
Donna
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Site Wide Design. Reason: Updated details

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #155643 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Hide a category in Category list/Hide category list in item
Donna,

You need to do two things,
a) Swap the K2 Tools module with a mod_menu so you can control the exact output (ordering and content).

b) In the system's category setting hide the category in the item's view settings.

c) Optional: If you want to remove the /system/ part from the URLs, you can map each item individually into a menu item.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Krikor Boghossian.