Keyword

Enabling SEF URLs Gives 404 Errors

• Cory Reid
  • Cory Reid's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #155626 by Cory Reid
Enabling SEF URLs Gives 404 Errors was created by Cory Reid
I'm currently developing a Joomla! website locally on my system (Windows/XAMPP w/PHP 7.0.6). I enabled SEF urls in Joomla! which works fine for any pages unrelated to K2. However, all K2 pages give a 404 error and I have no idea what's going on. I have made a "Blog" item in my main menu and set it to be a K2 User Blog.

I'm using Joomla! 3.5.1, K2 2.7.0, and a RocketTheme template (Salient) which from what I understand are all fully compatible with K2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cory Reid
  • Cory Reid's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #155630 by Cory Reid
Replied by Cory Reid on topic Enabling SEF URLs Gives 404 Errors
I apologize so much! As always seems to be the case, I ask for help but figure out what my issue is on my own.

What happened was this. Since I develop multiple websites locally I usually set them up each with a unique alias that I can access off http://localhost/alias as I don't store sites in the default document root. Well, the rewrite rules were not working correctly due to the alias.

Uncommenting the RewriteBase in the .htaccess and making it match /alias allowed the rewrite rules to work correctly. This was definitely a goof on my part based on how my development environment is setup.

Thank you!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #155633 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Enabling SEF URLs Gives 404 Errors
Nice to hear that the issue has been resolved Cory :)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)