Keyword

Attachment Suggestion

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #156126 by Scott
Attachment Suggestion was created by Scott
K2 Attachments with the revised code works as it should. Uplaoded either manually or from server.

I have a single k2 item that makes references to 8 pdf files. the files are divided into 2 sections "Specifications and Details"

jhoqw ever there is not way to split the k2 attachment section into 2 parts (or sectins) for example

K2 Item TITLE
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

this works great for one or 2 attachments but I cannot separate the 2 like this where I have to sets of different PDFs attachments in the K2 article

K2 Item TITLE
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

DETAIL PDFs Please Download
Download attachments: PDFtest1 (0 Downloads) PDFtest2 (0 Downloads) PDF test 3 (0 Downloads)

SPECIFICATION PDFs Please Download (text added)
Download attachments: PDF2Test1 (0 Downloads) PDF3Test1 (0 Downloads) PDF2Test3 (0 Downloads)

hopefully this makes sense

Design Starts with a Blank Sheet
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Scott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #156131 by Scott
Replied by Scott on topic Attachment Suggestion
I did figure out a work around

1. created now K2 category: Downloads (hide al info except for Attachments and Attachment Counter
2. created a k2 article title Specifications PDF assigned to category Downloads
3. add attachemnts as require (4 total)
4. create a k2 module labled "Specifications PDF Downloads"
5. selected the K2 article (Specifications PDF Files)

I did the same for Details PDF downloads

Once that was done when back to the the main K2 article and added both modules

and it works I was able to added 2 separate download PDF sections in the K2 article
only minor issue no download info the Joomla K2 Module setting only has hide or show attachment reference no attachment counter .which means no visible separator between the PDF files ...but that is a Joomla problem not K2

the 2 attachment section looks like this as yu can see as a added module the attachment counter is missing because Joomla diod not added that selection for a modules. The only way to know which one is which is rollover and the K2 2.7 naming convention make it worse
DETAIL PDFs Please Download
Download attachments: PDFtest1PDFtest2PDFtest3 (0 Downloads)

SPECIFICATION PDFs Please Download (text added)
Download attachments: PDF2Test1PDF3Test1PDF2T est3 (0 Downloads)

It would be a nice feature if K2 would have the option to have the ability to added multiple attachment sections not just the onbe we have now

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Scott.

More
8 years 2 months ago #156133 by Scott
Replied by Scott on topic Attachment Suggestion
does anyone know how to added some sort of separator between the download pdf names in the module I've created for the download section or is there another way to achieve the same thing I have with out buying a plugin