Keyword

Mod K2 Content Custom Link can't use hashes.

• Kelsey Brookes
  • Kelsey Brookes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #156898 by Kelsey Brookes
Mod K2 Content Custom Link can't use hashes. was created by Kelsey Brookes
Hi there,

On 2.7.2, having some odd issues with mod_k2_content custom links.

Basically it won't accept a hash in the Custom Link URL field, and when you do use one output is completely different.

Link: www.dropbox.com/s/yve5eja0lyinqbu/Screenshot%202016-08-10%2009.09.28.png?dl=0

Output: www.dropbox.com/s/f4d682gazl1g9o1/Screenshot%202016-08-10%2009.07.02.png?dl=0

Also, if you select a URL from the drop down below there's no way to un-select it, which is a bit annoying.

What I'm trying to do is to insert a series of modules that have anchor links to subsequent modules on the page. While having custom full URLs is really useful in general, it would really enhance this functionality to be able to use a hash.

Regards,

Kelsey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kelsey Brookes
  • Kelsey Brookes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #156940 by Kelsey Brookes
Replied by Kelsey Brookes on topic Mod K2 Content Custom Link can't use hashes.
Quick update - I couldn't solve this, and don't know if the inability to use hashes in custom links is intentional or a bug.

Instead I added Advanced Module Manager, which adds a 'before' and 'after' field to every module.

I was then able to do my 'stupid anchor' technique in the 'before' section, which involves absolutely positioning a named anchor above the containing element, where the height is the exact height of the fixed header.

The 'after' section was set with the code to create the down buttons.

Not quite as neat a solution as I'd hoped, but it works. I'd still be interested to know if we should be able to use anchors within the custom link section.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #157013 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Mod K2 Content Custom Link can't use hashes.
Hello Kelsey,
Thank you for reporting this.

How are you?
I saw the issue on Github, we 'll look into it and let you know.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)