Keyword

Issue with image resizing

• Taylor P
  • Taylor P's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #160287 by Taylor P
Issue with image resizing was created by Taylor P
I am sure this is just a minor setting I am missing but I've spent some time experimenting but unable to find it.

The background is I am going to have list of company employee biographies...Each employee bio is as a K2 item. The item has the employee image to the left hand side with a paragraph to the right. I can get each item set up the way I want.

The problem is in the category view. When viewing the category, all employees are listed (this is how I want it) but the employee image in is huge. I have removed all employee images except for 1 so you can get an idea. Please view the category and then the item. It is properly set up in the item but not category view. I believe this has something to do with Introtext but I cannot figure out how to make the item and category view consistent:

blueribbonproject.org/about-us/leadership-team.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martin Thorgaard
More
7 years 7 months ago #160320 by Martin Thorgaard
Replied by Martin Thorgaard on topic Issue with image resizing
It looks like you've choosen the wrong imagesize for the itemview.

In K2 you can set the imagesize for different premade sizes:
Xsmall (eg. 100)
small (eg. 200)
medium (eg. 320)
large (eg. 640)
xlarge (eg. 1024)

So if your imagesize is set to "small" (In abovementioned case= 200) and your original image is 100, then K2 will upscale it.

Under the settings in your specific categori, your decide which imagesize you'll use in your items, eg. Large. (I think its called ITEMVIEW SETTINGS in english)

Hope you understand my explanation :)

Sincerely,
Martin

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #160389 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Issue with image resizing
Hello there,

The option to choose a smaller image size is located in the category's settings.
If that category is inheriting its settings from another category you need to edit the 'master' category's settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Taylor P
  • Taylor P's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #160396 by Taylor P
Replied by Taylor P on topic Issue with image resizing
Thank You for the help but that doesn't seem to be the issue. To clarify a little, I am trying to have the employee image to the left with a paragraph to the right. In the item, I can set the picture size the item itself but when this carry's over to category view, the size doesn't apply and the picture is huge. I can either remove the photograph from the item text and put it in the image for the item, however, it is then centered in the category view. I hope I'm making sense. A rough diagram below lol

********** texttexttexttext texttexttexttext texttexttexttext texttexttexttext texttexttexttext texttexttexttext
********** texttexttexttext texttexttexttext texttexttexttext texttexttexttext texttexttexttext texttexttexttext
********** <----EMPLOYEE PICTURE texttexttexttext texttexttexttext texttexttexttext texttexttexttext texttexttexttext

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #160419 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Issue with image resizing
Hello,

The image resizing is for K2 images only.
For images inside the editor, you need to specify an
img {max-width: 100%;} in your template's stylesheet so this does not happen.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)