Keyword

K2 Tags & custom URLs

• Craig Bishop
  • Craig Bishop's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #160298 by Craig Bishop
K2 Tags & custom URLs was created by Craig Bishop
Hello,

For simplicity, I'll describe my issue as follows...

I have two K2 categories, "Cat A", and "Cat B". The categories do have a common Parent Category. Within both cateogories, I have K2 Items, each possessing the tag "apple"

OBJECTIVE: On different areas of my site, I want to distinguish between the tag "apple" within "Cat A" vs. the same tag within "Cat B".

To accomplish the differentiation, I created Menu A and Menu B.
* Menu A contains an item (K2 » Item listings » Tag) with Select Tag "apple" using Filter Category "Cat A", URL: /tag-apple-in-cat-a
* Menu B contains an item (K2 » Item listings » Tag) with Select Tag "apple" using Filter Category "Cat B", URL: /tag-apple-in-cat-b

I use K2 Tools to create "Module A" and "Module B" to define and render the Tag Clouds. For each, I use the Tag Clouds Settings. "Module A" filters by "Cat A" and "Module B" filters by "Cat B".

On "Page 1", I assign "Module A" and it renders the "apple" Tag. On "Page 2", I assign "Module B" and it renders the "apple" Tag.

The expected & desired result was that "apple" Tag on "Page 1" would link to URL: /tag-apple-in-cat-a & the "apple" Tag on "Page 2" would link to URL: /tag-apple-in-cat-b

When I mouse over the "apple" Tag on the respective pages, it's apparent to me that the "# items tagged" counts are accurate, yet the URLs are identical, i.e. /tag-apple-in-cat-a (only).

Originally, I had both Menu Items (K2 » Item listings » Tag) in the same Menu. It's apparent to me that the Menu Item (and associated URL) that is ordered / found first is used (without respect to the Filter Category specified within the Menu Item (K2 » Item listings » Tag).

Admittedly, I'm rather new to using K2 / tags. Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding or misusing?

Thanks, in advance. Any schooling or help is much appreciated!

Craig
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Craig Bishop. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.