Keyword

Categories and items appearing twice; comment not appearing

• Alison Lloyd
  • Alison Lloyd's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #160920 by Alison Lloyd
Hi,
I have installed K2 on a Joomla 3.6.5 website. I have created a category (Alison's Blog) with subcategories to appear on one page. I've done this reasonably successfully but I don't like all the white space in the layout. So to get around that, I used a K2 Content module to display the category. I like the look of this better. But I have three problems:
1) the category and its items are now appearing twice on the page. How do I get rid of the white box version? I can't think how to do it other than unpublishing the category, and that removes everything.[url=http://] www.alisonlloyd.com.au/index.php/about-alison-lloyd/alisons-blog/ [/url]
2) the comments facility is not appearing in version 2 (using the Content module) but comments are not turned off anywhere in the parameters for this page or category, as you can tell because 'make a comment' options are there in the first version. [url=http://]www.alisonlloyd.com.au/index.php/about-alison-lloyd/alisons-blog/item/84-if-dickens-were-food[/url]
3) the avatar picture is not appearing, although I have uploaded an image
Any idea what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this?
Grateful for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #160983 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Categories and items appearing twice; comment not appearing
The white version is the component, you cannot remove it.
The component is where the comments are shown. Comments can be enabled in K2's settings and controlled (per category basis) in each category's settings.

As for the avatar this setting is located in the category's settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.