Keyword

K2 Tools / Searchbox

• razen
  • razen's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #161330 by razen
K2 Tools / Searchbox was created by razen
Hi, I got several questions to the K2 searchbox

1) In the Searxh Box Settings, there's an option called "Select menu" - what exactly does it do?

2) How can I stop the searchbox from searching through extrafields?

3) My website contain two large and different categories C1 (account) and C2 (uuid). C2 uses Tags, too. Since I wanted clean urls for the tags (which are only used in one of those categories) I made an empty menupoint "K2 » Item listings » Categories" like you recommended earlier. When I search for items in one category now, the search-url go through this url, too:
Tag: minecraft-heads.com/uuid/heads/var/tag/Egg
Search: minecraft-heads.com/uuid/heads/var/search?searchword=test&categories=1%2C2%2C5%2C8%2C9%2C10%2C11%2C12%2C13%2C15

I made one module which search through C2 - therefor, the result-url is just fine.

But I also would like to create a search module which search through C1 only - but this one creates the urls through this open menupoint, too.
That's quite bad because the url includes the name of the category C2 (uuid) while you search through the category C1 (account). Any creative idea how to fix that?
(Like binding the search to a certain menu point?)
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by razen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #161383 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Tools / Searchbox
Hello.

1) It uses a certain menu item in order to render the results.
2) I would suggest using K2's Advanced SEF settings and for 3. you can limit the categories the module is searching though in the module's parameters.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• razen
More
7 years 5 months ago #161386 by razen
Replied by razen on topic K2 Tools / Searchbox
1) That doesnt seem to work then.
I used it with different menu items, but in both cases it uses the first menu item for variable items (K2 -> Category without a category selected) I created...

2) Who can I use this to stop the search? The only option I see is the Simply item Search for Administrators, but thats not a SEF-Setting, just on the same page. And it's for admins, not for users...?

3) Yeah I knew that already, but the problem seems to be focused in problem 1) - the "rendering results through a different menu point".
Is it possible, two search modules search through two different k2 categories and display their results in different urls? I know the first and second part works, but the url is what I cant get to work...

• razen
More
7 years 5 months ago #161430 by razen
Replied by razen on topic K2 Tools / Searchbox
Can anyone help out here? Especially 1 and 2 are important for me and I cant get it to work.

Thx already

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #161438 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Tools / Searchbox
The SEF settings are located in K2's advanced settings.
Furthermore since you created an empty K2 menu item towards categories, all orphan tags, users and date/ search listings will be rendered through that menu item.
If you are having multiple menu items with the same settings Joomla! will always use the first one it finds.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)