Keyword

Show K2-Items with Access level "Registered" only

• razen
  • razen's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #161378 by razen
Hello,

in the area for registered users of my website, I would like to be able to show ONLY the Items of a categoriy with access-level "registered" to the users. The reason is so they can see, what more content they can view on the contrary to guests.

How can I realize that? I tried it with a menu-entry for K2-Categories, but the options dont seem to allow to display items with access level registered without items with access level "public". I read about a realisation with a custom template, but I dont know how I can sort the others out (would need a code snippet here and a rough note in which file I've to add it - category or category_item)

Thanks for the help!

BTW: Whenever I select another template in the menu point and save, the menu shows "-- Use default--" again...?
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by razen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #161413 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Show K2-Items with Access level "Registered" only
Hello,

Unfortunately this option does not exist.
Items from all levels are displayed (and hidden) by default.

BTW: Whenever I select another template in the menu point and save, the menu shows "-- Use default--" again...?

Make sure to edit the correct settings (single category or multi-category menu item's options)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• razen
  • razen's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #161419 by razen
"Make sure to edit the correct settings (single category or multi-category menu item's options) "

What do you mean with this sentence? The "Fetch items from children categories"? It says "Yes" and that's correct. But while working on this, I realised I cant edit any data in this menu points: Any option I set is changed back to the value before after i saved. That only happens with the Menutyp K2->Categories, not with any other...

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #161489 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Show K2-Items with Access level "Registered" only
Look at the headers
jmp.sh/jmtEg9A

Also when a single category is being selected, the category's settings are being used instead of the menu item's.
This means that for multiple categories you can use that setting instead, for a single category you need to edit that category's settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)