Keyword

K2 Category Items listing ignoring date setting

• Chris Lawson
  • Chris Lawson's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #161494 by Chris Lawson
I want to use a K2 category page to list K2 items that belong to a particular category. In this case, a gardening club. This is the page: gravity.oldottawasouth.ca/green-dreamers .

I created the articles manually, and gave them their original "Creation Date" and "Start Publishing Date" in the Publishing and Metadata tab of the item edit page.

Then I set the category's "Other Layout Option" Item ordering to "Most recent first". I also ensured that the category is not inheriting display options from any other category.

But I cannot get the most recent post to the top of the page.

If I create the listing as a K2 Content module, everything works as expected -- items are sorted from most to least recent.

But that seems a needless bit of complexity and would require more stylesheet work.

What am I missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #161500 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Category Items listing ignoring date setting
Hello Chris,

Make sure that the menu item does not have a different ordering setting.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Chris Lawson
  • Chris Lawson's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #161511 by Chris Lawson
Replied by Chris Lawson on topic K2 Category Items listing ignoring date setting
Oh for crying out loud. Well, sir those are a bunch of keystrokes of your life that you're not getting back. And for that I apologize.

However that's exactly what the problem was. And I am grateful to you for setting me on the right course. However obvious it may have been.

Thanks.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #161518 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Category Items listing ignoring date setting
Chris it happens to all of us and it has happened to personally to me as well, so it's not a big deal :)
Best of luck with your project.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)