Keyword

K2 frontend editing - some K2 items unavailabe

• Australian Technical Analysts Association
  • Australian Technical Analysts Association's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #162380 by Australian Technical Analysts Association
K2 frontend editing - some K2 items unavailabe was created by Australian Technical Analysts Association
Hi,

I am having some difficulty setting up front-end editing for all K2 items. I may be mis-understanding some issues.
I have followed: getk2.org/documentation/tips-a-tricks/201-allowing-users-to-submit-content. Where I have multiple K2 items within a K2 Category (blogs, Director profiles etc) front-end editing is established perfectly, (in this case the Joomla Menu Item Types is set to "Categories" and the "Options tab" is set to recover the items from the category in an appropriate order). However, for other K2 Items that are addressed directly from the Joomla menu (Menu Item Type: Item and then Select Item to the Item name) it seems as though front-end editing is not available. Is this correct?
What is the best way of achieving front-end editing for K2 Items directly referenced from the Joomla menu system?

Regards, Robert
Joomla 3.6, K2 2.7.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #162392 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 frontend editing - some K2 items unavailabe
Hello Robert,

This is not correct actually. Make sure that the template you are using does not have the edit button stripped out.

In the default templates this is how the edit button looks
github.com/getk2/k2/blob/master/components/com_k2/templates/default/item.php#L45-L50

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.