Keyword

Mixed Featured and Not-featured item in category_item layout

• Jack Hughes
  • Jack Hughes's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #162430 by Jack Hughes
I need a category item view where in the leading group it displays one of the latest K2 items that is featured. And then below that in the Primary group I would display the rest of the latest items that are not featured. And when you paginate you only see the primary group.

I am doing this because I want to use category_item as the homepage. The leading item will be my "hero" image that is big and will be using srcset to selectively display the correct image size based on viewport. I want the Leading item to promotionally "linger" in the top spot while the K2 items in the Primary group update based on create date.

I would normally use the Roksprocket slider module pulling from K2 to display the Hero slide BUT I have not found a way to use srcset with the K2 images.

I also, can't do this with K2 mod_content because the module only pulls the image default set in the module and won't allow srcset as is.

If I can't customize the category_item layout this way, is there another K2 friendly content or slideshow that will allow srcset to control image display.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #162441 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Mixed Featured and Not-featured item in category_item layout
On the contrary Jack :)
You can use srcset on the module's template.
The syntax is a bit different. The image should be called like this:

$item->imageXLarge
$item->imageLarge
$item->imageMedium

and so on.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.