Keyword

K2 not listed among extensions

• Rosario De Domenico
  • Rosario De Domenico's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #162728 by Rosario De Domenico
K2 not listed among extensions was created by Rosario De Domenico
Hi All, please, be patient I have little to no experience with joomla... moreover my backend is set to Italian so my references in English might not be fully accurate.
I "inherited" the management of a web-site done with joomla where the previous admin installed and uninstalled K2 (do not know which version).
Something didn't work back then (God knows what) because K2 was not shown among the "extensions list", but I could still see "com_K2" in the global configuration panel. Trying to access it would give an error.
So recently I tried to re-install K2 fresh starting from the latest version downloaded from here which of course gave an error.
Following instructions in another topic I removed the K2 folders and re-installed which seemed to work.
Now, my problem is that I do not manage to uninstall it!
In fact K2 is still not listed among the "extensions list" while there are many duplicates when looking at "Discover" none of which with a date that makes sense to me! In the global configuration I still see "com_K2" which I can now access without errors.
Can anyone help me figure out how to uninstall K2 completely and properly? we are not using it...
Thanks!
Tried to add a couple of screenshots in: imgur.com/a/QE7k3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #162736 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 not listed among extensions
Hello,

If you cannot unistall it through Joomla!'s extension's manager, then you need to remove it manually.
You can remove all K2 related tables from the database (Perform a backup first, I cannot stress this enough).

Then you can remove the physical files based on this folder structure github.com/getk2/k2

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Rosario De Domenico
  • Rosario De Domenico's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #162739 by Rosario De Domenico
Replied by Rosario De Domenico on topic K2 not listed among extensions
Thanks for the information.
Would it be possible to extend a bit? From the git.hub link I do not understand which folders shall be removed and I have no clue about the joomla database structure therefore I do not know which tables to remove...
Any further help is appreciated.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #162756 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 not listed among extensions
All the tables have the #_k2 prefix, although I would recommend hiring a professional since you may damage your site.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)