Keyword

Frontend Editor- No popup?

• Sarrene Grant
  • Sarrene Grant's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #162824 by Sarrene Grant
Frontend Editor- No popup? was created by Sarrene Grant
Good evening,
I have a how to question. I appologize if this solution is posted somewhere. I did search but had not found anything directly answering my question.

Is it possible to have the front end editing NOT be in a popup/modal window, but instead in the editor window inside the page? (It shows the editor window embedded in the page itself underneath the K2 popup.

Many of my developers have complained about this as it is 1) very small, 2) issues scrolling, 3) some browsers "stick".

Please let me know how I can do this so K2 front end editing is the same as the default Joomla frontend editing.

Thank you kindly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #162836 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Frontend Editor- No popup?
Hey there,

The popup window has a link, so you can put that link in an iframe wrapper (menu item).
The link can be found from the menu item's (frontend editor) params.

This way you can include the editor in your site and even keep the modules you want.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Sarrene Grant
  • Sarrene Grant's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #162845 by Sarrene Grant
Replied by Sarrene Grant on topic Frontend Editor- No popup?
Good morning,
I am honestly not seeing this link anywhere. I have looked on the front end editor, and in the back end parameters and no luck.
This image shows the front end editor, as well as the editor behind it in the main window. We only want that. It is especially difficult when on tablet or mobile when using the pop up window.
gyazo.com/be1facba68f850a229c7616d781acc08

Here is a shot of the backend K2 Parameters for Front end Editing. We are all a little lost here on how to get this so all of our developers can work via front end on any devise. (No insult meant, but even from pc the popup is a bit annoying and restricting.) Please note that this is for development so these are "Living documents" so they will be edited often until those systems are complete.
gyazo.com/2db8acfdc8c8effd1ddb5daa7ed420d5

Thank you so much for your time, it is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Sarrene