Keyword

K2 item format changing on different articles

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #165508 by David
Hello again! I have another issue with K2. I will try to explain as good as I can. I'm working on a website that has a sidebar position to the right where I published two modules (Google Adsense ad and social networks plugins). In the majority of the items that I have published those modules are correctly shown on the right side of the website but in some items the sidebar modules are at the bottom which looks very bad.

1. It is not related to categories because in the same category some items are shown right and some not.
2. Sometimes if I save the article and it presents this issue I copy all the info, create a new article and this new article with the same info is working fine.
3. The template is a third party template. At the beggining I supposed that it had something to do with the template or some bug but everything seemed to be working fine with it.

This is the question. The only thing that is different from the generated source code in Google Chrome (I copied the code and compare the two files with Meld Diff Viewer) is this:

#k2Container{padding:0 0 24px 0}.clr{clear:both;height:0;line-height:0;display:block;float:none;padding:0;margin:0;border:none}.even{padding:2px}.odd{padding:2px}

That bold text is the only difference. The articles that have the issue do not have that portion of code. The articles that are working fine have it. Why is that some items have it and some not? I don't have any reason to believe that this is not random. I can't find any correlation between the articles with the problem apart from this difference in the source. What can I do?

Thank you very much!
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by David.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #165518 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 item format changing on different articles
Hello,

This is most likely related to unclosed HTML tags from accidentally copy pasting HTML code. You can use the HTML validator in order to verify this.
FYI for visual issues a link is really helpful.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
6 years 9 months ago #165526 by David
Thank you. The site is in a local folder but I noticed that if I activate:

---> Introtext HTML cleanup (tag strip)
---> Fulltext HTML cleanup (tag strip)

everything works fine, the thing is that obviously, without html tags the content is a mess... But yes, it is a problem with something there. I passed it trough 3 or 4 validators, try to edit it as simple as I can but there is something wrong there... in various articles... Thanks again.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #165530 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 item format changing on different articles
You 're welcome :)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)