Keyword

Settings for "More in this category"

• Arjan
  • Arjan's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #165655 by Arjan
Hi,

If I look at an K2 item in the frontend there is a "More in this category" below the item and it shows two links to items which are linked to the same subcategory. For example: Say I have 6 items who belong to one subcategory. Item one shows in the frontend as an article and below at the More in this category there is a link to Item 2 and Item 3. I have 2 questions.

1. Are there settings to decide to show 5 instead of 2 more links in the More in this category and where are these settings?
2. Can I change the placing of this "More in this category" to above the Item instead of below?

Regards
Arjan
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Arjan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #165667 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Settings for "More in this category"
Hello Arjan,

These are the category's items. You can control the number and position (leading, primary, secondary or in this case links) though the category's settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Arjan
More
6 years 9 months ago #165679 by Arjan
Replied by Arjan on topic Settings for "More in this category"
Hi, thx for the reply.

i'm sorry for my ignorance but I can't seem to find the setting you talk about. The only setting I see when I go to Display Setting after opening a category is under category Item layout. There under Layout grid is an option which says Links count which I have set at 5 but on the frontend nothing changes. After 'more from this category' only 2 links from related items show up.
I only want to show the 5 links of the 5 related items. I have Related items limit set at 5 and Related items title to show. but it still shows only 2.
I need a tiny bit more guidance here I think.

Regards
Arjan

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #165710 by Krikor Boghossian
If that category is inheriting its settings from another category, then you need to edit the master category's settings instead.
If this is a multi-category menu item, you need to edit the menu item's settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Arjan
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #165765 by Arjan
Hi Krikor, I'm sorry it takes so much time but I don't succeed. It is not a multi-category menu item so I don't need to change the menu item settings.

I have as chosen menu-item a K2 category named Streetnames . This is the parent category. I have 3 child categories.
The first one is the alphabetical letter A (parent category Streetnames).
The second childcategory is named Almstreet (parent Category is A)
The third one is Almstreet 4. (parent category Almstreet)
With all 3 child categories I have set Streetnames as Inherit parameter options from category.

Then I made 6 items all with Almstreet 4 as Category. When I open one Item the content shows and there is the More from this Category below the content. I would like all the other Items to show up as links there and not only 2 of them. I only get 2 whatever setting I try and cant's seem to find the right setting for that.
If I change the Item navigation from Show to Hide in the Item view options under the Display Setting for the Category Streetnames then the More from this Category dissappears. But when I change settings under Related items or the settings at the Category item layout at the secondary count or Links count nothing changes. So my question still is where do I change these settings so 5 related item links show instead of 1 or 2.

Sincerely
Arjan

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #165776 by Krikor Boghossian
Did you edit the Streetnames category's settings?
Can you send me a screenshot of the category's settings?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Arjan
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #165787 by Arjan
Hi Krikor, I uploaded some images. I didn't want to take screenshots of all the setting so I hope these will do. I can send more:-). imgur.com/a/AoDiB

First one is from the category it all starts with. Then there are 2 pictures with settings and 2 pictures from the frontend.

The streetname (child category) of the picture is Memelinkdijk 2 and there are 6 items related to that streetname as you see in the first frontend picture.

In the second frontend picture you can read the content of a related item (in this case only some additional info, an extra field) but in the More in this category there are only 2 related items.

I hope this will clear something. Appreciate the help.

Sincerely
Arjan

• Arjan
More
6 years 9 months ago #165822 by Arjan
Hi Krikor, did you manage to take a look at the screenshots?

Regards
Arjan

More
6 years 9 months ago #165825 by alexandria
Replied by alexandria on topic Settings for "More in this category"
Hello,
Maybe i am wrong, but this isn't a category setting but an item setting 'item navigation' from 'item view options'. There is only two because one is previous and the other next.

Best Regards

• Arjan
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #165827 by Arjan
Hi @Alexandria, thx for your reply. Appreciate it.

You are right that it is an item setting. I think @Krikor must have misunderstood my original question. So there is only previous and next. That is a disappointment.
When a visitor is looking at the content of 1 item I want them to see the other 5 related items as links so they easily can switch to the next related item without going backwards one page. Is this impossible? Maybe you know the answer:-).

Sincerely
Arjan