Keyword

File not Found

• George Varelas
  • George Varelas's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #165789 by George Varelas
File not Found was created by George Varelas
Hi,
After updating live site joomla to 3.8 from 3.7.4 and K2 from 2.7.1 to 2.8, when I add a new item in frontend (modal) and press save, i get a message "File not found" inside modal and nothing else. During the joomla update i got a whitescreen and then i refreshed page and got update successful. Memory limit is 256M, i did change the max_execution_time to 150 but got the same result, white screen during update and with refresh i got update succesfull message. The problem with "file not found" in k2 new item starts after i update k2 to 2.8. I have no problem when i do the update to a backup of the site in my xampp/localhost environment.
I appriciate any help with this problem, i can't find simular problem in the forum.

Regards
George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #165790 by william white
Replied by william white on topic File not Found
is your php version set the same on localhost as it is on live server?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #165796 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic File not Found
Hello,

Can you post the exact error message?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• George Varelas
More
6 years 9 months ago #165803 by George Varelas
Replied by George Varelas on topic File not Found

william white wrote: is your php version set the same on localhost as it is on live server?

Xampp has 5.6.3, live server has 5.6.32

About the error, when i press Save in the modal, the modal becomes white with message "File not Found"

I found that by disabling SEF Urls (global configuration or sh404sef), save works fine. I updated sh404sef to latest version but nothing changed.
I also overwrite Joomla files with the ones from 3.8 zip file, nothing changed. Finally i installed k2 again, the same problem.

The error.log gives
[07-Dec-2017 22:21:56 Europe/Athens] PHP Notice: Undefined index: user in /home/www/ddddd/xxxxxxxx.com/www/libraries/src/Component/Router/Rules/MenuRules.php on line 216
[07-Dec-2017 22:21:56 Europe/Athens] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/www/ddddd/xxxxxx.com/www/libraries/src/Component/Router/Rules/MenuRules.php on line 216

I found from forum how to fix this 2 errors but it seems that id doesnt help with the problem.

Regards
George

• George Varelas
More
6 years 9 months ago #165807 by George Varelas
Replied by George Varelas on topic File not Found
Update: From my hosting company they told me that the problem occured because at item save, it POST data to /item/index.php and not /index.php and to fix it they created a folder with name "item" and inside they added an index.php that includes the index.php from home url.
They don't know if joomla or k2 or sh404sef is the source of the problem.
Also they told me that xampp setup works because it has the default .htaccess and if doesn't find a file, it rewrites to /index.php. Live server is nginx and for files php,jpg,jpeg, gif,png,ico that don't exist, they don't use rewrites.

regards
George

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #165844 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic File not Found
This is a sh404sef misconfiguration.
You need to ask their devs for some insight.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)