Keyword

K2 Article Detail View also on Homepage issue

• Oliver Ratzeburg
  • Oliver Ratzeburg's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #166826 by Oliver Ratzeburg
K2 Article Detail View also on Homepage issue was created by Oliver Ratzeburg
Hello,

I am using K2 and Slideshow CK (with K2 Plugin).

I want to show the Slideshow on the Homepage View, but not in Article Detail Overview of K2 Articles.
The Slideshow CK is also shown on the K2 Article Detail View, since this is displayed also on the Homepage View.

The Slideshow CK is displayed by settings only on Main Menu (Home Page), but K2 Details View seems to be also on Homepage.
If I use Joomla Articles, then the detail view of the Joomla Articles seem to be not on Main Menu / Homepage, so the slider is not shown.

What am I doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #166858 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Article Detail View also on Homepage issue
Hello,

Map each K2 Category into a separate menu item so you won't have that module position on unwanted views.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Oliver Ratzeburg
  • Oliver Ratzeburg's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #166873 by Oliver Ratzeburg
Replied by Oliver Ratzeburg on topic K2 Article Detail View also on Homepage issue
Maybe it was misunderstood:

I use K2 and of course I want to display the latest K2 items on my Landing / Homepage.
If people click read more.... on an article, they get redirected to the detailed item view of the K2 article. The Home is defined as "Home" item in Menu Configuration of "Main Menu" and the K2 item view is of course "index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category" linked to the "Home" Menu Item.

Now I have a slider module and this module's menu assignment is "Home" item of "Main Menu".

Now, on the Homepage / Landing Page the slider module is shown.
(see on boxen.comicfan.de)
If I click on read more of a K2 item, the detailed view of the item is shown, BUT the slider module too.

If I do exactly the same, but instead using K2, using Joomla native Articles, this does not happen. The Joomla detailed article view seems not to be anymore of "Main Menu" Item "Home" type.

How can I configure my Joomla, that the slider module is not shown anymore on the K2 Item detail view?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #166876 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Article Detail View also on Homepage issue
If the category (and hence the item view) does not belong to a menu item then the default menu item will be used.
The default menu item includes the positions which are shown in the home page.

You can also use modules anywhere (extension) but the menu item setup is the ideal setup.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)