Keyword

View Item Intro without Access Level

• Dominic
  • Dominic's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #166913 by Dominic
View Item Intro without Access Level was created by Dominic
Hi

I'm new to K2 and I want to make the intro text of all my items in a category list visible to all users (even if they don't have the correct Access Level to view the whole item). At the moment, if a user does not have sufficient rights the article intro does not appear in the category list.

In other words, a Public user will see the intro text of all my items. But... when he clicks on Read More he is directed to a page that says he needs to login/create an account to view the 'enhanced' content. I want to use it like this to give him a teaser and get him to see what he is missing.

I have my standard Joomla articles set up like this but cannot see how to do it in K2

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #166916 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic View Item Intro without Access Level

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Dominic
  • Dominic's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #166923 by Dominic
Replied by Dominic on topic View Item Intro without Access Level
Thanks Krikor. I have also read this thread www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/21672-register-to-read-more?limitstart=0

These answer some of my questions but at the moment my public users cannot even see the registered user content in the category list. Let me explain...

1. I have K2 Items which are Public and K2 items which are Registered.
2. If I log in, I can see Public and Registered items in the Category list with Read More link to see the full article (GOOD!)
3. If I do not log in, I can only see Public items in the Category list (NOT GOOD :( ) Here I want to see Public and Registered items but when users click on Read More for registered content they are directed to the login page.

I am happy with overrides and have copied Category.php. At this point...
<?php foreach($this->secondary as $key=>$item): ?>

...the filtering of Public/Registered has already been done so I couldn't display the registered content even if I wanted to.

How can I get ALL public & registered content to be displayed in Category.php?

Thanks

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #166948 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic View Item Intro without Access Level
If items are set into Registered then, the public cannot see them unless you hack the core which will most likely break your site.
If you want mixed content (hidden pieces of content for the public) then I would suggest altering the template as the post suggests. You can also use the same logic to handle redirects.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)