Keyword

• Marc
  • Marc's Avatar Topic Author
  • pebkac
More
6 years 6 days ago #169141 by Marc
newbie was created by Marc
Hello I have been using K2 for a few days and still have considerable problems with it. This, of course, also has to do with the wide range of functions. Unfortunately there are no German instructions so far and the German-speaking forum is almost dead.
Is there a good script for the settings?
Specifically, I want the posts with a teaser and a preview image, in order to display the full article with a large image in one click. I lose myself between the category settings and the item preferences. Apparently, the author's settings also affect the appearance. Certainly there are already posts on this issue. Can you get me the right way too?
Thank you very much
Marc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 days ago #169148 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic newbie
If you've dealt with Joomla articles before, it's only natural that you'll expect K2 to be as difficult as Joomla's content. But it's not. It's actually a lot simpler and saner to use.

You define some global layout settings in the K2 component parameters (menu "Options" in the K2 backend). These affect for example how user pages are rendered. Explore the settings to understand more.

Then you have your K2 categories. In there, you can define precisely how items are displayed in listings and individually. For example (as you mentioned), you can show the image and introtext (=teaser text) in listings (itemlist view) and expand to more elements in the item view. If you are new to Joomla overall, make sure you "split" your content in the WYSIWYG editor to get introtext & fulltext. Alternatively, in the K2 Options (Advanced tab), enable the option to use 2 editors instead of 1.

After K2 settings and category settings are applied to the output of K2 content, you can override some of the display settings when you create a menu item to multiple categories. This allows to normalize some common category display settings like the grid in which items appear (one category may have a 4x4 grid, another a 1x8 - this way you can enforce a new grid).

This is the order of how you control content display settings in K2. You can always of course download the K2 demo site (www.joomlaworks.net/joomla-templates/free-templates/takai?ref=k2demo) and experiment with a site that's ready-made.

If you like video tutorials, check this out: getk2.org/documentation/k2class2012

Welcome to K2 :)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Marc
  • Marc's Avatar Topic Author
  • pebkac
More
6 years 3 days ago #169203 by Marc
Replied by Marc on topic newbie
Thank you very much.
Ich will do my very best :)

More
6 years 3 days ago #169210 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic newbie
Great!

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)