Keyword

Class Upload PHP causing save issues

• Gary Hewitt
  • Gary Hewitt's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #170057 by Gary Hewitt
Class Upload PHP causing save issues was created by Gary Hewitt
I have read a bunch of issues on this forum about upgrading k2 beyond 2.6.9 and having save issues. I too have this issue. It has something to do with the class.upload.php file duplication. I decided on a test duplicate site I would uninstall k2 and reinstall it to see if that fixed the issue. What I got back was crap.

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/vhosts/testsite.com/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php' (include_path='.:/opt/plesk/php/5.6/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/testsite.com/httpdocs/plugins/system/rebuild/rebuild.php on line 16

When I look at the ftp for the site the com_k2 is gone, but now I can't load my administrator site, nor does the frontend work. What is this error and how do I fix it. After fixing this, how do I correct this issue on my live site?

On the live site I have already tried installing k2 rather than upgrading and it doesn't fix anything.
Before uninstalling this I looked through the source code of my item page to see what else was loading to cause this duplication of class.upload.php and there was only your script and JCE. JCE is up to date.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #170061 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Class Upload PHP causing save issues
OK, first off, if you uninstall K2, YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR K2 DATA.

Simply upgrade to 2.9.0. Directly. We're not Joomla. We make things simple.

The issue however stems from some old 3rd party plugin (/plugins/system/rebuild/rebuild.php) which uses a file from K2 which has changed location.

By upgrading from 2.6.9 to 2.9.0, the old file remains in place but it's not used by K2. So the plugin should work. If it doesn't simply edit the /plugins/system/rebuild/rebuild.php file and change the path in that require declaration to the new location which is: /media/k2/assets/vendors/verot/class.upload.php

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Gary Hewitt
  • Gary Hewitt's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #170064 by Gary Hewitt
Replied by Gary Hewitt on topic Class Upload PHP causing save issues
So where before this install and on my live site where I was getting a white page and error stating that class.upload.php was already being used, so duplicate, installing 2.9 in the live site, then going to the rebuild.php file and changing the JPATH_SITE.'/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php' (this line is from the rebuild .php page) to wherever the new file is, should fix this? Do you know where the new class.upload.php file is for directories?

More
5 years 10 months ago #170070 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Class Upload PHP causing save issues
Read my message above. It's perfectly clear.

The question "Do you know where the new class.upload.php file is for directories?" does not make sense.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)