Keyword

k2 settings doesn't reflect on the site

More
4 years 5 months ago #175407 by Hiba
After updating my k2 version to K2 v2.10.2, some of my pages' setting is not reflecting on the site.
For example, the latest items page is displaying tags and category names in the category listing although I set it to hide this info. the authors' names are not linkable also.

Also, there is slowness in saving the new items and it ends up giving redirect error.
Furthermore, there is a problem in sorting the categories based on a specific column.

how to solve these problems?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #175426 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic k2 settings doesn't reflect on the site
This means that you (or someone else) probably modified the core K2 template files instead of creating template overrides for K2, inside your Joomla template's /html folder. See this for more info on templating overrides: getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

As for the slowness you mention, does that occur in the backend or in frontend editing?

If you have sorting problems in the backend, are you perhaps using any other K2 plugin for extending K2's features? E.g. multi categorization?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
4 years 4 months ago #175472 by Hiba
Replied by Hiba on topic k2 settings doesn't reflect on the site
Thank you for replying.
I am pretty sure that we didn't modify the core k2 template files. all our overrides are in my template html folder. Note that our overrides are not used for affected pages. we use the default template for the latest items pages on my website. the affected pages are only the latest items' views.

The slowness is in the backend editing.

we don't use any other k2 plugins for extending features.

More
4 years 4 months ago #175478 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic k2 settings doesn't reflect on the site
Then check your settings for those sections that utilize core templates and have no overrides. Keep in mind that some category may inherit options from another, so you need to be careful when examining each setting.

As for performance, the new K2 does have the SQL queries in some cases. If nothing's changed in your server's performance that coincided with the update in K2, then double check for plugins that could interface with K2 in the backend. Again be very thorough. I've had people swear they had no plugins only to come back with a response like "in face I did have this one plugin that was outdated/broken...".

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)