Keyword

Joomla K2 User Bug with Regular Labs Add To Menu

• Chad Treadway
  • Chad  Treadway's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #175473 by Chad Treadway
I think I have discovered a bug in the K2 system.

If I add a new K2 User in Joomla group setting of Registered & Recipe Authors with a group of Recipe Authors everything looks fine. When you go to view the said new author it shows the entire post not just the title and featured image. However, if I edit the menu item by opening it and resaving it, everything works as it should.

Screenshots attached.

After posting on the Regular Labs forums and having them look into it, they seem to think it is on your end.

Let me know what you need from me and I am happy to let you in the backend and send direct links confidentially. Our client is obsessed with security on the project.

Chad
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #175479 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Joomla K2 User Bug with Regular Labs Add To Menu
You have to provide more context Chad. What does Regular Labs have to do with K2 that you asked them about? Is that one of their extensions loading content from K2 or extending K2?

Your first paragraph is also conflicting (2 positive statements when you split them with the word "however").

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Chad Treadway
More
4 years 4 months ago #175483 by Chad Treadway
Replied by Chad Treadway on topic Joomla K2 User Bug with Regular Labs Add To Menu
Yes, we are using Add To Menu by regular labs to quickly create a menu item. In this instance its a Joomla/k2 user menu item.

The functionality of the Add To Menu is working properly as it does what it should and creates a menu item to the Joomla/K2 user. The problem is when you view the author page; it shows the full post. We need it to show the featured image and title only.

If we open the menu item and save it, it works as it should.

More
4 years 4 months ago #175484 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Joomla K2 User Bug with Regular Labs Add To Menu
This (probably) means that "Add To Menu" adds the menu item to a user view without passing along additional info that the menu item would normally require. In any case, if you want specific content options for all user views (user pages), simply adjust the default settings in the K2 component (first tab).

---

• Chad Treadway
More
4 years 4 months ago #175487 by Chad Treadway
Replied by Chad Treadway on topic Joomla K2 User Bug with Regular Labs Add To Menu
Hey, I have it configured correctly. See the first posts for screenshots. When I thought the bug was in the "add to menu", they looked into it and came back that it was on the K2 end. Therefore, that is why I am here looking for answers.

More
4 years 4 months ago #175489 by JoomlaWorks
I'd like a technical explanation from Regular Labs on why this is an issue on K2's end.

---

• Chad Treadway
More
4 years 4 months ago #175491 by Chad Treadway

More
4 years 4 months ago #175492 by JoomlaWorks
"I don't use K2. And don't really see the use for it now with Custom Fields in Joomla."

Well, if he did, he'd know the difference. In any case, I still don't see how this is a K2 issue.

I'm sorry but I can't help you any further.

---