Keyword

User Extended Fields not installing language files

• yaksushi
  • yaksushi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 4 months ago #60244 by yaksushi

Eoin wrote: Yaksushi THE PEOPLES HERO!

Thanks for the help, I've asked this before and never found an answer. Result that you are so kind.

Glad I was able to help, I still can't believe this has not been addressed by the Admins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #60245 by Rishi Gangoly
Replied by Rishi Gangoly on topic Re: User Extended Fields not installing language files
Thanks a ton for this. It worked for me.

• Moises Jafet Cornelio-Vargas
More
12 years 2 months ago #60246 by Moises Jafet Cornelio-Vargas
Replied by Moises Jafet Cornelio-Vargas on topic Re: User Extended Fields not installing language files
In Joomla! 2.5.x follow these simple steps:
  1. Unpack the plugin's files
  2. Rename the language definition files to lower case for the plugin name part: from "en-GB.plg_k2_userExtendedFields.ini" to "en-GB.plg_k2_userextendedfields.ini" (no quotes marks)
  3. Edit "userExtendedFields.xml" file to reflect the file name's changes (in the current version look at the bottom of the file)
  4. Re zip all files up, and then try installation as usual.

As an example, I am attaching this post with my own modified copy, plus my Spanish translation. Please, don't trust me: download the file from the official source and follow the described process. B)

Attachment not found

More
12 years 2 months ago #60247 by Sean Carney
That is quite a hack to fix this problem. Do you think that JoomlaWorks intends for that the be the solution to this problem? Otherwise, do you know anybody at JoomlaWorks that we should show this to because it seems they may want to allow this to be done from within their application? Just a thought.

More
12 years 2 months ago #60248 by Sean Carney
BTW, I realize I should mention my versions because this appears to be happening to a lot, but not all people. I am on Joomla 2.5.6 and K2 2.5.7.

More
12 years 2 months ago #60249 by Sean Carney
It also worked for me to do what yaksushi suggested. And, I did both the files as suggested:

/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_k2.ini

/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_k2.ini

• Torsten Lachnitt
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #60250 by Torsten Lachnitt
Replied by Torsten Lachnitt on topic Re: User Extended Fields not installing language files
Hello,

I know, this topic is very old but I´ve tried to add some additional fields which is unfortunately not working.
Any hints ?

Thanks, Torsten