Keyword

K2 - no support, so what are we to do?

• Gregwh
  • Gregwh's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #60846 by Gregwh
All i wanted was to have an easy to use (for my authors who arent all computer literate enough to the point of easily using the Joomla editor) online editor that accepts pictures well for front end editing. I also wanted the display in the centre of page between left and right navigation panels.

After much mucking around I am able to get K2 to display in the right spot but I have a Category under which there are sub categories and in those are articles and some where the sub categories also have sub categories under which there are articles. So, what I wanted was for the web site reader to click on the link to the sub category desired, see a list of articles and click on the one they want to read. Eg, they call up one article within one category at any one time. K2 doesnt do it that way does it? You choose the top level category and you see each and every article all displayed at once going on forever down the page.

So I come here for help and wait and wait.... Christmas comes and I know that is going to slow things down..... but there isnt any help at all.

OK, I think, the people here at K2 are all flat out so dont get excited so I wait some more and come back here and read that there is little to no support for K2 anymore. Great!

You know, the ONLY reason I put K2 in was because I wanted an easier to use front end editor for my authors. If any of you know of one, free or not, please let me know but as for K2, if there is to be no suppport there is no use using it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60847 by CSN2011

• Gregwh
More
12 years 9 months ago #60848 by Gregwh
Replied by Gregwh on topic Re: K2 - no support, so what are we to do?

Willem S.A. Da Costa Gomez wrote: Try this:

- www.joomlacontenteditor.net

Thanks for that and yes I have tried it but it ends up as just as hard for those not too computer literate to handle. K2, if it would display correctly, did it well.

• Gregwh
More
12 years 9 months ago #60849 by Gregwh
So has ANYONE got any idea how to get K2 to display an article within a category and not ALL articles in ALL categories all at once?

I would love to use K2 but it appears that no-one dealing with Joomla article add ons understands the concept of having a list of articles within a sub category of a top level category and displaying only one from that sub category or category without displaying every single article from every category.

Can anyone help with that or is K2 now just not supported and we should move on to something not now dead in the water?

More
12 years 9 months ago #60850 by joshua baer
Replied by joshua baer on topic Re: K2 - no support, so what are we to do?
Support via this forum sucks pretty bad. K2 would get far more users if they dedicated more help here. I agree.
But the thing is that K2 is super complex and getting answers is tough...especially to this question. How about some screen shots Greg. Maybe I can help some.
Btw...the standard joomla article component is really easy if your category structures are not too complex. Maybe you should consider using it?

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 9 months ago #60851 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: K2 - no support, so what are we to do?
Hi Greg,

If you want to show only items from a specific category, then under the category's parameters -> Category Item Layout -> Othe Layout Options -> Set the Catalog Mode to Yes. This will only show items from that particular category.

K2 Rocks \m/

• Gregwh
More
12 years 5 months ago #60852 by Gregwh

Kannan Naidu wrote: Hi Greg,

If you want to show only items from a specific category, then under the category's parameters -> Category Item Layout -> Othe Layout Options -> Set the Catalog Mode to Yes. This will only show items from that particular category.

Hi and thanks for that answer. Sorry about the delay.

I had to open that other site but I have another that needs the same thing so will go try it.

Greg.

More
12 years 5 months ago #60853 by Aimery Marsily
Replied by Aimery Marsily on topic Re: K2 - no support, so what are we to do?
I think the K2 team is realy busy with updates and new features so that's why the made a forum to let the community help each others... Don't forget it's a free and powerfull extension.
Maybe It could be good to have some other main theme to separate the different topics than having everything in the same one. The "New to K2? Ask here first!" is a bit to large so we see every kind of questions in it... having other categories like "SEO", "Templating", "Plugin and module", etc, would be nice.

• Gregwh
More
12 years 4 months ago #60854 by Gregwh

Kannan Naidu wrote: Hi Greg,

Kanna,

I am having trouble finding where you mean. It isnt under the K2 component. Can you let me know where it is, please? Thanks.

Greg.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 4 months ago #60855 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: K2 - no support, so what are we to do?
Hi Greg,

Have a look at the screenshot.

K2 Rocks \m/
Attachments: