Keyword

Comment notification

More
12 years 3 months ago #61420 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Comment notification
Hi. First of all comment reports is spam report. Secondly, for those getting the error, check your pages for javascript errors.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #61421 by Joakim Durehed
Replied by Joakim Durehed on topic Re: Comment notification
I am also getting the error where the notification of success or error is output in plain text.

This happened when I K2 not to load jQuery. When I then turned made K2 load it's own jQuery again it worked.

Isn't K2 using the Joomla system messaging?

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #61422 by Ranshell Rasco
Replied by Ranshell Rasco on topic Re: Comment notification
I see it's been 3 months since the last post in this thread. Well, i installed K2 2.6.1 and i got the same identical error when posting a comment:

The error is:
{"_errors":[],"message":"Comment added! Refreshing page...","refresh":1}

The entire page is white out. Only this error is showing in plain text.

As posted earlier in the thread, the "jQuery library handling" setting at the backend is set to "Do not load the jQuery library". This appears to be causing the issue. When you select "Load v1.8.2 (local copy)", the problem goes away.

I don't think there's anything in the K2 Documentation telling you to select "Load...". So how should we suppose to know this should be set????

And also, the way the error shows up is both not user-friendly and helpful. The least you could have done was to code the error message suggesting to load the jQuery library at the backend.

More
11 years 10 months ago #61423 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Comment notification
@Ranshell Rasco

There is also nothing in K2 documentation telling you to select "Do not load jQuery". This is set by default to "Load v1.8.x latest (remote copy)" when you install K2. Also the thing you are getting in your screen is not an error reporting, it's the server response. Because jQuery is not loaded the browser makes a normal request instead of XHR.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 5 days ago #61424 by Brent Friar
Replied by Brent Friar on topic Re: Comment notification

Flavia Silveira wrote: So, what you mean is that I need a plugin or K2 extension to receive notifications every time someone posts a comment?
Would you be able to recommend one for 1.7/2.5.4?

As for the redirection, I can create a user account you can use to verify the issue. It only happens when registered users try to post comments.

Thanks,

Flavia

That is correct. In order to be notified when a comment is submitted in K2 you will need a plugin to do the work. We developed a plugin for K2 2.5.x for this purpose.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-extensions/24026