Keyword

ordering items in a catagory

More
12 years 3 months ago #67251 by Brian
ordering items in a catagory was created by Brian
I am not able to order my items in a catagory. I have the items listed in the order I want in the backecnd control panel but it does not matter what I set the parameters at (ordering, date published, latest modified etc) it still displays in the frontend in the same order without changing. (i did remember to refresh the page HaHa).
Any Ideas of what I can do to change the order. I use k2.5.7 and joomla 2.5.4
Thanks,
Brian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #67252 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: ordering items in a catagory
Hi. Ensure that you are changing the correct option for ordering. If you are making a menu link to multiple K2 categories the ordering settings can be found in the menu settings. If you are making a menu link to a single K2 category the relevant setting is located in the category edit page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #67253 by Angela McInerney
Replied by Angela McInerney on topic Re: ordering items in a catagory
This makes sense, and yet, am I blind? I don't see the option for ordering items in menu parameters.

More
12 years 3 months ago #67254 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Re: ordering items in a catagory
Yes I beleive I have done that correctly. I only have one catagory selected on my menu page "class description". Then I went to my catagory page and set it to ordering. All of my k2 items are in the order I want on item control panel page but not when displayed in frontend.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks,

More
12 years 3 months ago #67255 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: ordering items in a catagory
Hi,

I am also having the same issue. I have set the ordering option in the category edit page to ordering but the ordering within the items page is not having any effect. I have cleared my cache & refreshed but nothing changes after saving and viewing. I am using Joomla 2.5.4 and wish to edit the order of items for a single category.

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks

More
12 years 3 months ago #67256 by Lefteris
Just tested under Joomla! 2.5 with no issues. Once again ensure that you are viewing a menu link to a single category and not to multiple. Also ensure that you have not selected to show only featured items. In this case the featured ordering is the active one.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
12 years 3 months ago #67257 by Chris
Hi Lefteris,

I only have the one category that all my items are in. Show only featured items is not selected. Can you please take a look at my setup as I must be missing something here. Also seem to have an issue now with the amount of items - I can’t seem to upload more than 10 for my category.

Your help would be much appreciated. Can you please email me so I send you the details for the live site.

Many thanks

More
12 years 3 months ago #67258 by Lefteris
What do you mean by you cannot add more than 10 items? Are you getting any error?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
12 years 3 months ago #67259 by Chris
Hi,

I have now sorted out the issue I was having with adding more than 10 items - not a problem now. However my original problem - Not being able to order items within the same category using ordering rather than date created is still un resolved.

All my items are in one category, I have not got show featured items only on and I have selected to use ordering but it does not work.

Can you please take a look at my setup - if need be I am happy to pay for your support time but I just really need this resolved asap. For details of teh live site can you please email me (presuming you have access to my emial from my account details?)

Thanks

More
12 years 3 months ago #67260 by Lefteris
So, you do have saved the ordering in the category settings? Since you are viewing a single category you need to ensure again that setting is correct. You need to open the category for editing and then spot the setting at Other layout options->Item ordering. Click apply to ensure that the setting is saved. Also do you have any other K2 related installed?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---