Keyword

ordering items in a catagory

More
12 years 3 months ago #67261 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: ordering items in a catagory
Hi, Yes I have saved the ordering in the category settings. Please see the attached screen capture showing my settings. No other K2 installed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #67262 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: ordering items in a catagory
Have you tried making a menu link to this category? I guess that somthing is messing with the parameters while you navigate to the category. Also i hope that you are using the latest K2 version ( 2.5.7 currently).

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #67263 by Chris
Hi,

No I have not tried making a menu link to this category and yes I am using the latest K2 version 2.5.

I have noticed another thread from someone else posted yesterday who is having the exact same problem so there defiantly seems to be some kind of issue here. I have asked repeatedly if someone can please email me so I can give them the site details to check this out. If need be I am happy to pay extra as I desperately need this sorted out ASAP.

Can you get my email from my account or shall I post a temporary email address in here you can reach me on.

Please help! Thanks

More
12 years 3 months ago #67264 by Lefteris
Hi. This is a community of an open source Joomla! extension. We currently do not provide official paid support. If some member of the community can do this for you is fine. You can still try to create a menu link as i already suggested and see if that solves your issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
12 years 3 months ago #67265 by Chris
Hi,

Can you please tell me how to make a menu link.

Thanks

Chris

More
12 years 3 months ago #67266 by Lefteris
You can make a menu link to K2 as you would make with any other extension. For more information on this you can refer to the official Joomla! documentation.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
12 years 3 months ago #67267 by Chris
OK tried making a menu link to the category and still the ordering is not working :(

I am desperate to get this working. I have over 70 plus images in the category and cant possibly delete them all and put them up again every time I want to change the ordering as it would take far too long.

More
12 years 3 months ago #67268 by Lefteris
Sorry to repeat this again but are you completelly sure that you have changed the item ordering under the category settings? You have to edit the category on the administration and change the field "Item ordering" under "Other layout options". Also in case you are viewing a tag list, author list etc take a look at the K2 Paramaters. I still cannot reproduce the issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---