Keyword

K2 working with Acajoom - UPDATE

More
14 years 6 months ago #68174 by Daniel Walsh
Replied by Daniel Walsh on topic K2 working with Acajoom - UPDATE
SOLUTION TO:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in Z:\home\mysitename\www\plugins\acajoom\acajoombot_k2.php on line 234"

Replace line 230:
global $database;

With this:
$database = &JFactory::getDbo();

Problem solved, and NO legacy mode :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #68175 by Daniel Walsh
UPDATE:

Forgot to mention, on line 235 you also need to change:
$database->loadObject($k2_item);

to:
$k2_item = $database->loadObject();

More
14 years 6 months ago #68176 by Daniel Walsh
UPDATE 2:
It seems I have had more than a handful of issues in getting this to work, so I wrote up my own K2 plugin. I have taken the existing working Acajoom content plugin and modified it with parts of this K2 plugin to retrieve and process K2 articles. Thus far, everything seems to be working correctly, with NO LEGACY MODE. The only feature I have not included at this time is the retrieval of a K2 article image (the one image you can set per article, not the images embedded within the article).

All of my changes to the original source have been noted.
Attachments:

More
14 years 6 months ago #68177 by fresco
Replied by fresco on topic K2 working with Acajoom - UPDATE
great work, daniel, thanks very much!!
Are we allowed to hope that you'll add a feature to include the article image? ;-)

Daniel Walsh said:UPDATE 2: It seems I have had more than a handful of issues in getting this to work, so I wrote up my own K2 plugin. I have taken the existing working Acajoom content plugin and modified it with parts of this K2 plugin to retrieve and process K2 articles. Thus far, everything seems to be working correctly, with NO LEGACY MODE. The only feature I have not included at this time is the retrieval of a K2 article image (the one image you can set per article, not the images embedded within the article).

More
14 years 5 months ago #68178 by fresco
Replied by fresco on topic K2 working with Acajoom - UPDATE
Did you or anyone test it with jnews 3.1 (the evolution, free of charge and with many features added and bug squashed, of acajoom)?
I've tried installing daniel's last version, enabling the plugin and disabling the jnews content plugin, but k2 articles are still not an option... :-(
Maybe for a developer is just a matter of correcting a few references... maybe...

Daniel Walsh said:UPDATE 2: It seems I have had more than a handful of issues in getting this to work, so I wrote up my own K2 plugin. I have taken the existing working Acajoom content plugin and modified it with parts of this K2 plugin to retrieve and process K2 articles. Thus far, everything seems to be working correctly, with NO LEGACY MODE. The only feature I have not included at this time is the retrieval of a K2 article image (the one image you can set per article, not the images embedded within the article).

More
14 years 4 months ago #68179 by edsal
Replied by edsal on topic K2 working with Acajoom - UPDATE
Daniel or any other, it would be nice if someone would be able to make the content plugin work with knews 3.2.0, since this component corrected many bugs of previous installation and jnews is the most advanced newsletter component avaialble!!

• Mauricio González
More
14 years 1 month ago #68180 by Mauricio González
Replied by Mauricio González on topic K2 working with Acajoom - UPDATE
Hello, I keep getting this error on k2 v2.2 and acajoombot_k2.2_ugmojoe plugin installed, on joomla 1.5.15

Create a new newsletter, Insert the code for a k2 article in the newsletter, then click preview. It shows a screen like the jpg attached.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ContentHelperRoute::_findItem() in /home/mcn/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/application.php on line 1079

I disabled the normal content plugin for acajoom.

Thankyou Guys.
Attachments: