Keyword

Server error 500

More
14 years 11 months ago #68487 by Frank Stratmann
Replied by Frank Stratmann on topic Server error 500
I have the sames Problem, I am at 1&1 but I do not have such a file, which is named in the lib-folder?! Does anybody know why? What ccould I do, to fix the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #68488 by Travis Prebble
Replied by Travis Prebble on topic Server error 500
Frank Stratmann said:I have the sames Problem, I am at 1&1 but I do not have such a file, which is named in the lib-folder?! Does anybody know why? What ccould I do, to fix the problem.

Which version of K2 are you using? The class.upload.php is required to use the Image tab of a K2 item in version 2+.

More
14 years 11 months ago #68489 by Frank Stratmann
Travis Prebble said:Frank Stratmann said:I have the sames Problem, I am at 1&1 but I do not have such a file, which is named in the lib-folder?! Does anybody know why? What ccould I do, to fix the problem.

Which version of K2 are you using? The class.upload.php is required to use the Image tab of a K2 item in version 2+.

I use the actual one. Download yesterday. Now, my mistake, i found the class.upload.php allready. but...

I tried now:
- php.ini, switch to php5
- out comment source-passage

nothing happens. The Error is still there. Error 500.
Any other ideas?

Thanks

More
14 years 11 months ago #68490 by Matthias Dohm
Replied by Matthias Dohm on topic Server error 500
Hi Frank,

please check if k2 creates any file within the /media/k2/items/cache folder. K2 should create six images with different sizes for each article.

More
14 years 11 months ago #68491 by Rickey Tribble
Replied by Rickey Tribble on topic Server error 500
Mathais- Where does that block end? Right above //outputs image or further down?

Thanks

Matthias Dohm said:Hi all,I finally managed to get the image upload working after switching to php5 and creating a php.ini did not solve the problem. So for those of you who use 1and1 hosting and still receive this error:The problem occurs inside the class.upload.php (administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php). Starting somewhere around line 4080 there is a block (//converts image from true color, and fix transparency if needed) which looks at every single pixel of the resized image. For the XL and the L size, this giant loop is too big (at least on a 1and1 server). So if you just comment out or delete this section the image upload works perfectly.There might still occur some problems when you try to upload a GIF-image, but I tested it for JPGs and PNGs which worked fine.I hope this will help a bit.

More
14 years 11 months ago #68492 by Matthias Dohm
Hi,

the block that I commented out ends right above //outputs image as you wrote. The following section is responsible for saving the resized image.

More
14 years 11 months ago #68493 by Frank Stratmann
I tried it tomorrow and now it works. Amazing. I can not tell you, what´s happened. Try later, there are some mystics. Good luck. Perhaps the next update will correct this.

More
14 years 11 months ago #68494 by Travis Prebble
Replied by Travis Prebble on topic Server error 500
Frank Stratmann said:I tried it tomorrow and now it works. Amazing. I can not tell you, what´s happened. Try later, there are some mystics. Good luck. Perhaps the next update will correct this.

K2 uses class.upload.php without modification, so any fixes would have to be done by the author of the library.

www.verot.net/php_class_upload.htm

There are several questions in the forums regarding errors handling large images, and the only suggested solution is increasing the memory allocation for PHP.

More
14 years 11 months ago #68495 by Beto Cadilhe
Replied by Beto Cadilhe on topic Server error 500
Hi,

I get internal server error (500) only when i try to add new item. I can edit ctegories, fields ans so on, but i can´t add new itens. Is it due to my server configuration?
thanks

More
14 years 11 months ago #68496 by Matthias Dohm
Please try to add a new item without any image, gallery, video, etc.
If this works, try to add a small image (max 640 x 480).