Keyword

Page Break?

More
14 years 11 months ago #68644 by marcosaluzzo
Replied by marcosaluzzo on topic Page Break?
I'm not really sure the pagebreak plugin is broken. Looking at the code for k2 v2.1, it would appear that the programmers have deliberately excluded the pagebreak function. If you perform a quick search of code in /administrator/components/k2/views/item/view.html.php for the key word pagebreak, you will see that the programmers have inserted the array('pagebreak', 'readmore') to stop the pagebreak (and also readmore) appearing when editing the item. Removing all occurrences of pagebreak will mean that you can insert pagebreaks. (The pagebreak icon should visible beneath the editor text area)

However when you view the item in the frontend, the pagebreaks you inserted into the backend will be stripped out because in the file /components/k2/model/item.php the line of code $dispatcher->trigger('onPrepareContent', array ( & $item, $params, $limitstart)); will strip out the hr tag.

I will be interested to hear from any k2 developers if they can confirm or not my conclusion. And more importantly, inform us if the pagebreak plugin will be included in future versions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #68645 by nobo
Replied by nobo on topic Page Break?
It would be interesting, but they don't really reply to this thread. Thanks so much for looking into it for us though!

More
14 years 11 months ago #68646 by pabs11
Replied by pabs11 on topic Page Break?
( hi marco ) yes, thanks for looking into it.

1. ( @nobo ) if not here, where do the devs reply to ?

2. I use joomlafck editor extension - there's no pagebreak button displayed. I think there's also no pagebreak buton displayed in the default editor as well. I've read here that even with JCE, people are still not getting pagebreak to work either.

3. If the pagebreak functionality has been intentionally removed, how are long articles, especially with comments under them ( even though the comments can pagebreak ), supposed to be displayed without scrolling down a page all the way to china ?

4. if you're feeling inspired Marco, maybe you could also have a look at why the Simple Image Gallery ( both standard and pro ) plugin doesn't work either. Plenty of forum pieces here, including mine....? There are lots of users who are flummoxed by this one as well.

thanks though, P

More
14 years 11 months ago #68647 by nobo
we understand that, is there a way to not strip it.

Alex Zelter said:It's not about the presence or absence of the button. The tag itself is stripped out by the K2 code.

More
14 years 11 months ago #68648 by pabs11
Replied by pabs11 on topic Page Break?
yes, understand that...

Do you think we should get a support fund started to help motivate some priority action on this ? ( I realise the devs would be aware of it, and no doubt it's on the list of things to attend to ). But this function, along with SIG functionality and comments notification, could really use fixes right away. I mean, to have fixes out without waiting for a complete new build / upgrade....

I only have a student's income, but would throw something in towards motivating action, if that's appropriate.

Or can a coder out there maybe create a patch / patches ?

More
14 years 11 months ago #68649 by nobo
oooh pabs i want those things too! Ive been so hung up on page break i didnt even think to suggest them. Yes what can we do to get a move on this?

More
14 years 11 months ago #68650 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Page Break?
Hey guys, we will bring back the "page break" feature in K2 v2.2 - it's already on our to-do list. Please note that we only hide the "read more" buttons if you choose to have 2 editor windows (set in K2 configuration) as in Joomla! 1.0.x.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #68651 by Jeff Kontur
Replied by Jeff Kontur on topic Page Break?
I wonder when K2 v2.2 will be released as well. The only thing keeping me from migrating K2 from my test site to my prod sites is the broken read more and page break functionality.

More
14 years 10 months ago #68652 by nobo
i totally agree jeff!

More
14 years 10 months ago #68653 by marcosaluzzo
Replied by marcosaluzzo on topic Page Break?
Looking forward to the pagebreak in v2.2. A big big must from my part. Tried getting it to work in 2.1 but I have abandoned my attempts.