Keyword

Front end Posting and editing

More
15 years 1 month ago #69179 by mtif
Replied by mtif on topic Front end Posting and editing
Hi Joaquin

The link you want is a standard K2 User Page (Blog).
Its easy to set up in the standard Joomla menu setup. The URL is

../index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=user&id=[whatever user ID you want]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #69180 by Hostile
Replied by Hostile on topic Front end Posting and editing
I'm at a loss here. I've been doing I think everything that has been mentioned and nothing has worked. I just keep getting this error when I click on Add New Item on the frontend. I'm sure it is an oversight on my end. I've gone over everything set up user groups, user settings, k2 front end on. Still nothing.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

More
14 years 11 months ago #69181 by dirk80
Replied by dirk80 on topic Front end Posting and editing
Hi mtif,

I don't have the button to edit or add a new article in the frontend. I am able to add or edit in the backend but not in the frontend. I have followed your instructions and also setup your links to

../index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=user&id=[whatever user ID you want] and
/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&task=add&tmpl=component

I have created one article in the backend. This one is shown using the links above but I can't edit them in the frontend. I have gone trough your six steps again but could not find any differences.

I have uninstalled K2 and installed the newest version checking weather I had to delete some tables left in the database but could not find any.

I switched to english in the frontend to check if I don't see the text "Edit item" because of now translation or what ever reason. I tested the links above with a different template in case my template would hide the link but there was still nothing to see.

Any idea what I could check else or how I could find the buttons to edit or add an article?

Thanks for any help.
Dirk

More
14 years 10 months ago #69182 by 4bweb
Replied by 4bweb on topic Front end Posting and editing
I've the same problem. On the same hosting i've other 2 k2 installed in the same way and they work. I don't understand what's happened.

Hostile said:I'm at a loss here. I've been doing I think everything that has been mentioned and nothing has worked. I just keep getting this error when I click on Add New Item on the frontend. I'm sure it is an oversight on my end. I've gone over everything set up user groups, user settings, k2 front end on. Still nothing.
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

More
14 years 10 months ago #69183 by dirk80
Replied by dirk80 on topic Front end Posting and editing
OK.

Found out that frontend editing is only possible if Joomfish is not installed.

So Feature request should be frontend editing when Joomfish is installed.

Does sombebody know if this be part of the next release?

More
14 years 10 months ago #69184 by Peter Pantilla
Replied by Peter Pantilla on topic Front end Posting and editing
So does this mean that we have to install Joomfish for this to work?

More
14 years 8 months ago #69185 by Anar Guliev
Replied by Anar Guliev on topic Front end Posting and editing
you can just remove 'k2-items' contentelement from joomfish

Dirk said:OK.
Found out that frontend editing is only possible if Joomfish is not installed.

So Feature request should be frontend editing when Joomfish is installed.

Does sombebody know if this be part of the next release?

More
14 years 7 months ago #69186 by Ralden dS
Replied by Ralden dS on topic Front end Posting and editing
Hi,

Sorry for the mistakes of English, I'm Brazilian. The solution of mtif worked for me, but I had a problem only with the translation of K2. In the back end the Portuguese translation is perfect, but the front end some items are in English. Does anyone know how can I fix this?

More
14 years 3 months ago #69187 by Srikanta P
Replied by Srikanta P on topic Front end Posting and editing
You loginto the backed of Joomla, you group the all the users you want to assign posting privilege. Then under "User Group tab", select the particular group and go to parameters on top right corner of the page. There you can change the settings which you are asking for.

Alexey said:Hi. But what if I want more than one user to post what should I do?

More
14 years 2 months ago #69188 by Srikanta P
Replied by Srikanta P on topic Front end Posting and editing
Well in case anyones still confused after reading the above tweaks, you can chk this post i've written on this . Its pretty simple to understand also >> srikanta.co.cc/blog/?p=421

Ralden dS said:Hi,
Sorry for the mistakes of English, I'm Brazilian. The solution of mtif worked for me, but I had a problem only with the translation of K2. In the back end the Portuguese translation is perfect, but the front end some items are in English. Does anyone know how can I fix this?