Keyword

Front end Posting and editing

• Jose Luis Cuevas Mac
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #69189 by Jose Luis Cuevas Mac
Replied by Jose Luis Cuevas Mac on topic Front end Posting and editing
Hi there:

I have a question, is there a way to adjust de size of the pop up window for the front end editor? In small screens the users can´t see the save and cancel button ahd the close "x".

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #69190 by Srikanta P
Replied by Srikanta P on topic Front end Posting and editing
I think adjusting the resolution of the monitor or the screen should do the trick. Changing the size of the popup might require deep knowledge and hacking.

Jose Luis Cuevas Mac said:Hi there:
I have a question, is there a way to adjust de size of the pop up window for the front end editor? In small screens the users can´t see the save and cancel button ahd the close "x".

Thanks

More
14 years 1 week ago #69191 by Chris Gornall
Replied by Chris Gornall on topic Front end Posting and editing
I could really do with changing the size of the front end editor too. it's really too big even on a reasonable size screen.

• Jose Luis Cuevas Mac
More
14 years 1 week ago #69192 by Jose Luis Cuevas Mac
Replied by Jose Luis Cuevas Mac on topic Front end Posting and editing
Hi again:

I found the answer in the K2 Documentation page:

simon.getk2.org/tips-and-tricks/item/277-front-side-editor-iframe-adjustment

thanks every body

More
13 years 1 month ago #69193 by demonas
Replied by demonas on topic Front end Posting and editing
Really I didn't see that coming. I was so busy to understand and template the k2 that the front end insert/edit was an extremely obvious feature to handle in the beggining. When the time came and I had to enable the users to insert/edit items from the front end I panicked. There isn't any insert/edit selection from the menu. Everything I read in the forum has to do with large popups and a rather difficult way to do easy stuff.

So my questions are:

> Can I have a simple menu item pointing to insert new k2 item ( like normal joomla article). Without popup ups, just inside the given space of the main component

> Can I have a list of only the items that a user has created? The solution with "users blog" doesn't automatically takes the logged in ID, and I really need this id to be relative to user and not to enter it manually.

> Is there anyway to give access to authors to the backened and give the permission to manage only insert/edit k2 items, along with their group rights of course ( I don't want them to see all the categories, just their category and items

Any help will be great.