Keyword

Author Alias not reflected in Category view

More
14 years 2 months ago #69228 by Mats Arvendal
Replied by Mats Arvendal on topic Author Alias not reflected in Category view
Would be nice to know if there are any plans to implement such a feature in future versions of K2. V 2.3 doesn't have it.

Rgds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #69229 by normdouglas
Replied by normdouglas on topic Author Alias not reflected in Category view
Agreed... I'm actually stunned this isn't a standard feature.
Particularly when beginning a site and you want to pre-populate but you want to add content AS IF it was from another Author.
Please Fotis, this should be a feature.

More
13 years 10 months ago #69230 by Mats Arvendal
Thanks for your support.

This is my case right now: For five months I've been administrating a magazine website that has five publishers/editors that produces articles in their own name, but mostly they publish articles from other authors: journalists, writers etc. It's not feasable to create users for these rather many external authors - the site can't be run by administrators, it's the editors that have that knowledge of external authors and should publish the articles using the author alias.

As time goes the external authors contribute with more and more articles. At this moment, there's already a demand for listing each authors articles. As fas I understand this would best be solved if there was at least a way to pick up the author alias along with the author (users) and use this information as a joint criteria in the K2 module.

I am a poor PHP programmer so I am not able to figure out how to get the author alias variable into the module code. Hopefully anyone with this knowledge might solve it, or tell me why it's not possible.

Otherwise, K2 is a brilliant component for magazine websites

Rgds

Norm Douglas said:Agreed... I'm actually stunned this isn't a standard feature.Particularly when beginning a site and you want to pre-populate but you want to add content AS IF it was from another Author.Please Fotis, this should be a feature.

• Clifford Sonnentag
More
13 years 10 months ago #69231 by Clifford Sonnentag
Replied by Clifford Sonnentag on topic Author Alias not reflected in Category view
Any word if this will be in future releases?

More
13 years 10 months ago #69232 by Mats Arvendal
This is a very important feature (there are several threads about this), as far as I see it, but I haven't heard anything about if it will be addressed in a future release.

Rgds

cliffclof said:Any word if this will be in future releases?