• Theo Müller
  • Theo Müller's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 2 months ago #69545 by Theo Müller
permissions and groups was created by Theo Müller
i set up two groups. admin and Pub.
setup categories for each of them.

Now i recognice following:

A public author has to be in the joomla group "Author" to be able to submit content. But that is a risk, because as an author he can modify every content on the site not only k2 related.
second, if he submit a new article he can choose the author, so posting under other author name is no problem.

greets

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #69546 by miguelpinheiro
Replied by miguelpinheiro on topic permissions and groups
I wondering if all the posting features would rely exclusively on K2 group... Mixing Joomla groups default behavior with K2 group definitions we can't have registered users submitting new K2 articles.
In my point of view this is very frustrating!!

Anyone knows how to make Joomla Registered User add new K2 content in frontend?

Cheers

More
15 years 1 month ago #69547 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic permissions and groups
Hi. K2 user groups are independent of Joomla! user groups. So you can have registered users submitting new articles. Just assign the user to a K2 user group with the appropriate permissions.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Theo Müller
  • Theo Müller's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #69548 by Theo Müller
Replied by Theo Müller on topic permissions and groups
thats right, but in the current state it is a security risk, that someone can post under teh creds of another one.

More
15 years 1 month ago #69549 by miguelpinheiro
Lefteris, with a clean install of Joomla (1.5.13) I can't make that work for me.
Basically if I put a Joomla user belonging to Registered in a K2 user group with privileges to add, edit and publish items, and then try to add an article in frontape logged with that user, the K2 add window shows me in the created by combo all the users belonging to Joomla Editor group and above. So the user I'm currently logged do not shows there.
Am I doing something wrong?

By the away, I guess if some K2 group has set the property of allowing user to "edit it's own article" this should be enough to filter the "created by" combo in add/edit K2 articles to just shows it's own user.

Guys, what you think about it?

Cheers

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. K2 user groups are independent of Joomla! user groups. So you can have registered users submitting new articles. Just assign the user to a K2 user group with the appropriate permissions.

More
15 years 1 month ago #69550 by Lefteris
Hi again. The issue with the created by list has been fixed for v2 final. The list has been removed from the front-end forms and the system sets as author the current user.

Miguel Alvim said:Lefteris, with a clean install of Joomla (1.5.13) I can't make that work for me. Basically if I put a Joomla user belonging to Registered in a K2 user group with privileges to add, edit and publish items, and then try to add an article in frontape logged with that user, the K2 add window shows me in the created by combo all the users belonging to Joomla Editor group and above. So the user I'm currently logged do not shows there.
Am I doing something wrong?

By the away, I guess if some K2 group has set the property of allowing user to "edit it's own article" this should be enough to filter the "created by" combo in add/edit K2 articles to just shows it's own user.

Cheers

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. K2 user groups are independent of Joomla! user groups. So you can have registered users submitting new articles. Just assign the user to a K2 user group with the appropriate permissions.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
15 years 1 month ago #69551 by miguelpinheiro
Thanks for the info Lefteris.
I have installed K2 v2 build date 20090701. Is this the last K2 version released?
With that version I still have the problems... It shows the Author combo... So I guess I'm not running the last version.
Can you please point me in the right direction to solve this?

Many thanks.

Miguel

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi again. The issue with the created by list has been fixed for v2 final. The list has been removed from the front-end forms and the system sets as author the current user. Miguel Alvim said:Lefteris, with a clean install of Joomla (1.5.13) I can't make that work for me. Basically if I put a Joomla user belonging to Registered in a K2 user group with privileges to add, edit and publish items, and then try to add an article in frontape logged with that user, the K2 add window shows me in the created by combo all the users belonging to Joomla Editor group and above. So the user I'm currently logged do not shows there. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

More
15 years 1 month ago #69552 by Lefteris
Yes it's the latest version but not the final which contains the fix. Final version is coming very soon.

Miguel Alvim said:Thanks for the info Lefteris. I have installed K2 v2 build date 20090701. Is this the last K2 version released?
With that version I still have the problems... It shows the Author combo... So I guess I'm not running the last version.
Can you please point me in the right direction to solve this?

Many thanks.

Miguel

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi again. The issue with the created by list has been fixed for v2 final. The list has been removed from the front-end forms and the system sets as author the current user. Miguel Alvim said:Lefteris, with a clean install of Joomla (1.5.13) I can't make that work for me. Basically if I put a Joomla user belonging to Registered in a K2 user group with privileges to add, edit and publish items, and then try to add an article in frontape logged with that user, the K2 add window shows me in the created by combo all the users belonging to Joomla Editor group and above. So the user I'm currently logged do not shows there. Am I doing something wrong? By the away, I guess if some K2 group has set the property of allowing user to "edit it's own article" this should be enough to filter the "created by" combo in add/edit K2 articles to just shows it's own user.

Cheers

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
15 years 1 month ago #69553 by miguelpinheiro
Thanks.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Yes it's the latest version but not the final which contains the fix. Final version is coming very soon.

More
14 years 3 months ago #69554 by Aknal
Replied by Aknal on topic permissions and groups
I have created different groups author, editor, publisher and assigned different permissions. But I didn't get see add item button in front end. How to get add article front end?