Keyword

permissions and groups

More
14 years 3 months ago #69555 by Biruk H.
Replied by Biruk H. on topic permissions and groups
I wanted to be able control access to k2 items by user, user group or category so users can only have access to their assigned user group! But no matter what I do nothing changes users still can access all the categories and post items to them. How do I hack or correct this?
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #69556 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic permissions and groups
K2 Permissions apply only for content editing NOT for content viewing.

Biruk H. said:I wanted to be able control access to k2 items by user, user group or category so users can only have access to their assigned user group! But no matter what I do nothing changes users still can access all the categories and post items to them. How do I hack or correct this? Thank you.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #69557 by Biruk H.
Replied by Biruk H. on topic permissions and groups
Thanks but that's exactly what I want to do! I want to assign people only to edit a specific category. I assigned the user group the category permission but still any manager can edit any content. I created a user group, created users[manager] and I assigned each user to a user group and assigned a category. But the problem still exist! I am think'g a core file problem!!! What do you think?

Thanks

Lefteris Kavadas said:K2 Permissions apply only for content editing NOT for content viewing.
Biruk H. said:I wanted to be able control access to k2 items by user, user group or category so users can only have access to their assigned user group! But no matter what I do nothing changes users still can access all the categories and post items to them. How do I hack or correct this? Thank you.

More
14 years 3 months ago #69558 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic permissions and groups
Permissions affect only the front end editing not the backend.

Biruk H. said:Thanks but that's exactly what I want to do! I want to assign people only to edit a specific category. I assigned the user group the category permission but still any manager can edit any content. I created a user group, created users[manager] and I assigned each user to a user group and assigned a category. But the problem still exist! I am think'g a core file problem!!! What do you think?
Thanks

Lefteris Kavadas said:K2 Permissions apply only for content editing NOT for content viewing. Biruk H. said:I wanted to be able control access to k2 items by user, user group or category so users can only have access to their assigned user group! But no matter what I do nothing changes users still can access all the categories and post items to them. How do I hack or correct this? Thank you.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #69559 by alivebyscience
Replied by alivebyscience on topic permissions and groups
Wow. This little bit of news avoided me altogether.  The mind hears what it wants to hear, huh?

Lefteris Kavadas said:

K2 Permissions apply only for content editing NOT for content viewing.
Biruk H. said:
I wanted to be able control access to k2 items by user, user group or category so users can only have access to their assigned user group! But no matter what I do nothing changes users still can access all the categories and post items to them. How do I hack or correct this? Thank you.