Keyword

Content Module Image resizing

• Hans Jacobson
  • Hans Jacobson's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71564 by Hans Jacobson
Content Module Image resizing was created by Hans Jacobson
Hi
I'm using the K2 Content Module and I want to resize the article images but it always take the default size doesn't matter if I change the values for xSmall, smale,... in the specific category... is it a bug or doesn't it work for the module?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71565 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Content Module Image resizing
Hi. K2 Content Module has it's own setting for image size which overrides the category setting.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71566 by bkemler
Replied by bkemler on topic Content Module Image resizing
I'm pretty sure that K2 (or SIG- I don't know which one actually does it) creates the thumbnails of all of the sizes at the time when it uploads the image. So if you change the values for XSmall, Small, etc for a given category and you want the images in the existing items in that category to reflect the new values, you have to go back and upload the images again.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #71567 by Lefteris
Hi. Yes that's correct, this is how it works.

B Kemler said:I'm pretty sure that K2 (or SIG- I don't know which one actually does it) creates the thumbnails of all of the sizes at the time when it uploads the image. So if you change the values for XSmall, Small, etc for a given category and you want the images in the existing items in that category to reflect the new values, you have to go back and upload the images again.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 11 months ago #71568 by aminsadiq
Replied by aminsadiq on topic Content Module Image resizing
make sure you have GD2 installed in the server where is your site hosted

More
14 years 11 months ago #71569 by James Lahm
Replied by James Lahm on topic Content Module Image resizing
I am also having this problem. I have changed the image sizes in Add/Edit Categories under Item Image Options and also in the Parameters button listed at the top-right of the Joomla screen for K2. My images are also not being resized. Is there another place I have to change?

Thanks!

Jim

More
14 years 10 months ago #71570 by Lefteris
Hi. As i already posted above the K2 module has it's own setting for choosing the image size you want. The sizes are defined in the component parameters and can be overridden for each category in the category edit page. The module just retrieves the size you have chosen on it's parameters.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 10 months ago #71571 by James Lahm
Replied by James Lahm on topic Content Module Image resizing
Lefteris: As I tried to note in my post, I did change the defaults for the K2 component as well as for the individual categories. My problem is, the image isn't being resized. I set the defaults for both the K2 component and the category to 500px for the xlarge large images, but when I import an 800px image and then display the item, it is displayed at 800px.

Jim

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. As i already posted above the K2 module has it's own setting for choosing the image size you want. The sizes are defined in the component parameters and can be overridden for each category in the category edit page. The module just retrieves the size you have chosen on it's parameters.

More
14 years 10 months ago #71572 by Lefteris
Hi. So it has not to do with the module. You are saying that K2 isn't resizing any image? This is weird as it has not been posted yet a similar issue. Do you get any error when you are uploading the image?

Jim Lahm said:Lefteris: As I tried to note in my post, I did change the defaults for the K2 component as well as for the individual categories. My problem is, the image isn't being resized. I set the defaults for both the K2 component and the category to 500px for the xlarge large images, but when I import an 800px image and then display the item, it is displayed at 800px. Jim

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. As i already posted above the K2 module has it's own setting for choosing the image size you want. The sizes are defined in the component parameters and can be overridden for each category in the category edit page. The module just retrieves the size you have chosen on it's parameters.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 7 months ago #71573 by Henrik Gregersen
Replied by Henrik Gregersen on topic Content Module Image resizing
I have the exact same problem. No images are resized during upload, they are all saved in the same size.

These are the settings for GD on my server

gd

GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPEG Support enabled
libJPEG Version 6b
PNG Support enabled
libPNG Version 1.2.37
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. So it has not to do with the module. You are saying that K2 isn't resizing any image? This is weird as it has not been posted yet a similar issue. Do you get any error when you are uploading the image?
Jim Lahm said:Lefteris: As I tried to note in my post, I did change the defaults for the K2 component as well as for the individual categories. My problem is, the image isn't being resized. I set the defaults for both the K2 component and the category to 500px for the xlarge large images, but when I import an 800px image and then display the item, it is displayed at 800px. Jim