Keyword

Content Module Image resizing

More
14 years 6 months ago #71574 by jeanette hustad
Replied by jeanette hustad on topic Content Module Image resizing
I also have the same issue. Images are not resized during upload even if i have set a value both in the individual categories and in the K2 default settings.

Anyone who has solved this one or have an idea how to solve it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #71575 by Gerard Croteau
Replied by Gerard Croteau on topic Content Module Image resizing
Hi
I think I have the opposite problem !

whatever I set up the images sizes, Xsmall, small, ...large, .... in the specific categories, the thumbnails ( uploaded and default avatar images in the blog are all resized to xextra small images ( 14 X 14) .

In the profile, the images and avatars are of the original size ( normal) in my case 100X 100

I tried everything from K2 Content set up to articles, to categories, I spent hours trying to disable that microresizing
I'm evaluating K2 for a major update of our websites ,
do somebody have an idea what cause that microsizing of the avatar in the blog ?

thanks

More
14 years 6 months ago #71576 by L.D
Replied by L.D on topic Content Module Image resizing
I am having the same issue. No matter where I change the dimensions it wont change unless I change the size of the actual picture in the article itself which is not what i think any of us wants for that defeats the purpose of having all these settings, etc. ...has anyone found a solution to this?

More
14 years 6 months ago #71577 by Mongo
Replied by Mongo on topic Content Module Image resizing
Come On, 3 days with no reply on this issue, My sites are at a dead standstill as I can't work on the templates or create articals until I can resize the images... someone has to know something.. many of us need help, and everyone that has bought a template from Joomlart and Gavick is gonna be coming here screaming for the same answer..help..

L.D said:I am having the same issue. No matter where I change the dimensions it wont change unless I change the size of the actual picture in the article itself which is not what i think any of us wants for that defeats the purpose of having all these settings, etc. ...has anyone found a solution to this?

More
14 years 6 months ago #71578 by Gerard Croteau
Replied by Gerard Croteau on topic Content Module Image resizing
Thank you Mongo and L.D.
I hope to get soon a solution as I'm a newbie, I found K2 very interresting. As I will have to launch our new site site, if we can't find a solution for that, we will have to get rid of K2 for our needs. It would be sad.
Thank you anyone who could help. I know that that bug impact several persons now

Mongo said:Come On, 3 days with no reply on this issue, My sites are at a dead standstill as I can't work on the templates or create articals until I can resize the images... someone has to know something.. many of us need help, and everyone that has bought a template from Joomlart and Gavick is gonna be coming here screaming for the same answer..help..
L.D said:I am having the same issue. No matter where I change the dimensions it wont change unless I change the size of the actual picture in the article itself which is not what i think any of us wants for that defeats the purpose of having all these settings, etc. ...has anyone found a solution to this?

More
14 years 5 months ago #71579 by Richard Pigden
Replied by Richard Pigden on topic Content Module Image resizing
Hi all

Has anyone found a solution to this as I too have the same problem. GD is installed but images do not resize when being uploaded to an Item.

Hope the K2 team can take a look at this.

More
14 years 5 months ago #71580 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Content Module Image resizing
Hi, to all. Because i have seen that this topic causes a lot of questions there are somethings that need to be clear about how K2 works with item images. K2 re-size an image only when the image is uploaded. That means that regarding your settings in the item's category the image will be resized in the specified dimensions. If you change any image size settings after that it will only affect the new images that you will upload. NOT those you have uploaded already. The only thing K2 will do for you if you change these settings after uploading the images is to perform an HTML/CSS resizing of images. Note that this has to do with your template files. If your template does not care about this then you will not get HTML/CSS resizing. Now regarding the module, it only displays the selected image size for each item. It does not resize any images.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 5 months ago #71581 by Richard Pigden
Hi Lefteris

I fully understand this but I think the problem most of us on this post are having is that K2 is not resizing the images at all, not even during initial upload.

Is it possible you can advise exactly what K2 needs in order to make the resize happen? I understand GD needs to be installed on the server (which is the case, atleast for me), but is there anything else we should be checking?

Thanks

Richard

More
14 years 5 months ago #71582 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Content Module Image resizing
Hi. If GD is installed then K2 should resize your images. Can you provide any link yo your site? Also try to view the source of your page to understand which image size you are actually using. Small images will have filenames ending with "_S.jpg" medium images with "_M.jpg" etc.

Richard Pigden said:Hi Lefteris I fully understand this but I think the problem most of us on this post are having is that K2 is not resizing the images at all, not even during initial upload.
Is it possible you can advise exactly what K2 needs in order to make the resize happen? I understand GD needs to be installed on the server (which is the case, atleast for me), but is there anything else we should be checking?

Thanks

Richard

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 5 months ago #71583 by Richard Pigden
Hi Lefteris

I think this is just a case of me being an idiot! I had made the assumption K2 would resize any image added within the Item text but of course that is not the case - it will only resize the image that you upload via the Image tab, and that works perfectly!

My apologies for not realising this sooner and wasting your time.

Richard