Keyword

Tiny URL not working on 'Tweet this to your followers'

More
13 years 4 months ago #73527 by dsa787
It works for me too. Thank you Devsmi!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #73528 by devsmi
I just changed your pass to the same as your username. try again

More
13 years 4 months ago #73529 by devsmi
Remember. when Twitter removes the old version of their site for good and makes the "new version" the default..you mighthave to change back

More
13 years 4 months ago #73530 by NosyWeb
Thanks for your help devsmi.

Therefore, I have the same problem with a '+' in between the words.

Rishona Campbell said:

Sure...it's www.rishonan.net devsmi said:I had no problems when testing this myself. Could I see your site ?

More
13 years 4 months ago #73531 by devsmi
Ok yes I see it. off the top of my head I have no clue where that comes from, I will try to make some free time to look into it

More
13 years 4 months ago #73532 by yaksushi
Yes the fix works but I am also getting the titles displayed with "+" instead of spaces

More
13 years 4 months ago #73533 by Mary Jezierski
Replied by Mary Jezierski on topic Tiny URL not working on 'Tweet this to your followers'
I can't log in to your site either. Still awaiting activation email. :-(

devsmi said:
I just changed your pass to the same as your username. try again

More
13 years 4 months ago #73534 by devsmi
marco, registering on my site is not sending out any personal information. only an email and username that you make up. Is that too much to ask in return for my time spent on this fix, offered to you for free?

It seems that the reason this happends is because twitter implemented their new homepage. If you click the button to use their old page again then this works just like before with no problem..But now with the new page there is a redirect in there. My fix is only going to be temporary because once twitter makes the new page the default and only one..things should work like normal again :) Although maybe somebody from k2 team can fix it for now

More
13 years 4 months ago #73535 by Mary Jezierski
Replied by Mary Jezierski on topic Tiny URL not working on 'Tweet this to your followers'
Hello devsmi,

Thanks for your help with registration on your site. I was able to get in and applied the fix.

The fix works great, but the url is not shortened. :-(

Re: the '+' symbol, I changed "urlencode" to "urldecode", which replaces the plus sign with a space.

More
13 years 4 months ago #73536 by Rishona Campbell
Replied by Rishona Campbell on topic Tiny URL not working on 'Tweet this to your followers'
Hi Mary!

Thanks so much for that fix to remove the '+'. Works great!

Also my URL does come up shortened. I enabled Tiny URL on the backend.Mary Jezierski said:

Hello devsmi,

Thanks for your help with registration on your site. I was able to get in and applied the fix.

The fix works great, but the url is not shortened. :-(

Re: the '+' symbol, I changed "urlencode" to "urldecode", which replaces the plus sign with a space.